Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Poorna
Paper Tape
Views: 802
Message 1 of 8

Moto G3 Water Proof

Anybody facing problems with the water resistance feature given by moto..like,non functionality of speakers,earphone jack ,etc... when inserted in water...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G3 Water Proof

The phone is not designed to work in water.  It's designed to survive immersion under very specific circumstances.  Can you tell us exactly what happened to the phone?

Poorna
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 8

For just keeping under tap water for about 30 seconds..audio jack stopped working..I am not using it under water..

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 8

If you held it under running water for any length of time, I would not expect it to survive that.  Here's what it says on Motorola's website:  "Designed to withstand immersion in up to 3 feet of fresh water for up to 30 minutes provided the back cover is properly sealed.  Not designed to work while submerged underwater.  Do not use while swimming, or subject it to pressurized streams of water."

If the water was running, that's a "pressurized stream of water" and the IPX7 standard, to which the phone is built, does not include protection against pressurized streams, which can force water into the phone.

Poorna
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 8

Ok Thank you...I request you to post latest updates and problems of moto g 3rd gen (if any)....

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 8

All of the information about the third generation of the Moto G is available here.  Click Moto G 3rd Gen at the top of the page to see all of the threads that have been opened to date.  Please feel free to read them, browse through them, or search them.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Message 7 of 8

Poorna said:

For just keeping under tap water for about 30 seconds..audio jack stopped working..I am not using it under water..

View original

If speaker/audio stops after contact with liquid, please wait for at least 24 hours for the device to fully dry out. If you continue to have issues, then please give our support a call to discuss. 

-Tom

Motorola Support

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 8

Poorna said:

View original

Remember that their are different water resistant specifications - putting a device under running water (stream/pressure) is different then immersion. The Moto G is rated as ipX7 - the 7 indicates immersion. If it were rated for other water tests you would see IPX7/IPX#.

I would say putting your phone under a running tap would not be covered under the IPX7 rating

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_Code

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum