Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Champs
Paper Tape
Views: 637
Message 1 of 5

Moto G3 charging very fast

MY Moto G3 is suddenly charging very fast since last few days. It charges 1% in a minute. I kept on charge when it was 67% and in 45 minutes it was fully charged. It was never charging this fast. On the other side the battery is draining normally. It doesn't drain fast. I don't know whether anyone has this problem or even if this is a problem but I feel something is unusual with this.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 632
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G3 charging very fast

@Champs wrote:

MY Moto G3 is suddenly charging very fast since last few days. It charges 1% in a minute. I kept on charge when it was 67% and in 45 minutes it was fully charged. It was never charging this fast. On the other side the battery is draining normally. It doesn't drain fast. I don't know whether anyone has this problem or even if this is a problem but I feel something is unusual with this.

It sounds like you may have some app running in the background in the past that made the phone use more energy and this slowed charging. 

If the battery is discharging normally then there is likely no problem. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Champs
Paper Tape
Views: 630
Message 3 of 5

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Champs wrote:

It sounds like you may have some app running in the background in the past that made the phone use more energy and this slowed charging. 

So you mean to say that the fast charging is ok? I feel charging 33% in less then 45 minutes is too fast

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 621
Message 4 of 5

@Champs wrote:

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Champs wrote:

So you mean to say that the fast charging is ok? I feel charging 33% in less then 45 minutes is too fast

If you feel that way, then you can get your phone serviced. But, I don't think anything is wrong. If the battery is lasting the proper amount of time, then it should be fine.

If there was something wrong, I would expect the battery to discharge rapidly. 

Battery charging time is dependent on many factors. The biggest factor is "what is running on the phone" - if the phone is idle, and the charger is high capacity, and the battery is not hot, then the phone could charge at that rate. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Champs
Paper Tape
Views: 619
Message 5 of 5

I guess I will wait and see for few days. If the battery is functioning properly than I will give it a miss and consider it to be normal. I have only seen fast charging but draining is normal so hopefully it will remain same.