Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madasu13
Paper Tape
Views: 10,551
Message 1 of 9

Moto G3 not charging

I've brought g3 couple of years ago...It was working fine till yesterday...and suddenly last night phone battery got drained completely(from 35% to 0%)...I've tried charging for 4 to 5 hours and it doesn't display anything on screen. After little research I've tried usb cable connceted to pc while holding power button and volume down button and the screen got turned on displaying boot menu....phone got charged 30% and after that it stopped charging.

Now i've tried both the methods usb and regular charging port..neither of them worked....charger is in good condition.

need the solution tks!!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 10,540
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto G3 not charging

@madasu13 wrote:

I've brought g3 couple of years ago...It was working fine till yesterday...and suddenly last night phone battery got drained completely(from 35% to 0%)...I've tried charging for 4 to 5 hours and it doesn't display anything on screen. After little research I've tried usb cable connceted to pc while holding power button and volume down button and the screen got turned on displaying boot menu....phone got charged 30% and after that it stopped charging.

Now i've tried both the methods usb and regular charging port..neither of them worked....charger is in good condition.

need the solution tks!!

Hi madasu13,

What's the current state of the phone? Is it stuck on the boot menu or just power off? Have you tried to press and hold the Power button up to 30 seconds with the device plugged in on the charger? The device will restart and go through the boot-up sequence after that. 

Regards,
Daisy
Moto Support

madasu13
Paper Tape
Views: 10,517
Message 3 of 9

Re: Moto G3 not charging

Hi thanks for the reply, tried each and every step and nothing is working...even formatted phone too....Phone gets charged only when it is turned off OR with usb cable plugging in to computer...

finally at last visited service centre last night... andfigured it, faulty charging port is the reason phone only charges when it is turned off....replaced port with new one...it's working fine !!
Andrecin
Paper Tape
Views: 5,651
Message 4 of 9

XT1544 not turning on or charging

Hello forum. I'm having some pretty bad problems with my MotoG3. 
I left it on for a while when it had low battery and then it turned off (naturally, as it was at 3%). However, the next day, when I woke up, it wouldn't charge or turn on. When I try to charge it just shows the Motorola logo and vibrates a little as if it was starting up, but then the screen just turns off. If I leave it charging it just goes on forever doing that same thing and doesn't stop.
I searched all over the internet and I'm having a lot of trouble with finding a solution. 
I tried three different chargers that usually work but nothing is doing it.
Will I have to mess with the battery or something to bring it back?

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 5,620
Message 5 of 9

Re: XT1544 not turning on or charging

@Andrecin wrote:

Hello forum. I'm having some pretty bad problems with my MotoG3. 
I left it on for a while when it had low battery and then it turned off (naturally, as it was at 3%). However, the next day, when I woke up, it wouldn't charge or turn on. When I try to charge it just shows the Motorola logo and vibrates a little as if it was starting up, but then the screen just turns off. If I leave it charging it just goes on forever doing that same thing and doesn't stop.
I searched all over the internet and I'm having a lot of trouble with finding a solution. 
I tried three different chargers that usually work but nothing is doing it.
Will I have to mess with the battery or something to bring it back?

Hi Andrecin,

Please follow the instructions given on the above thread, let us know if it makes any difference. 

Thank you,

Nethra

Moto Support!

u_s_e_rMotorola
Paper Tape
Views: 2,042
Message 6 of 9

Same problem. I have gone through the entire process listed for previous users. 

None of the suggestions work. 

Other than going back in time and buying a phone made by a better company, what are my options? 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,950
Message 7 of 9

@u_s_e_rMotorola wrote:

Same problem. I have gone through the entire process listed for previous users. 

None of the suggestions work. 

Other than going back in time and buying a phone made by a better company, what are my options? 

Sorry that you ran the same issue. Please try the troubleshooting steps here. Choose category Power>My phone will not turn on until with our last resort is a factory reset. Hope that works!

-Daisy

motoG713
What's DOS?
Views: 312
Message 8 of 9

Both my charging port and audio port are, I believe, worn, and will only charge (or play music) with their cables at very specific and finicky angles. What is the procedure for getting these components replaced or repaired?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 260
Message 9 of 9

@motoG713 wrote:

Both my charging port and audio port are, I believe, worn, and will only charge (or play music) with their cables at very specific and finicky angles. What is the procedure for getting these components replaced or repaired?

You can try to see if your phone can still be sent for repair. Here's the link. -Daisy

Top Kudoed Authors