Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iliya
Punch Card
Views: 3,297
Message 11 of 293

Re: Moto G3 not updating from Android 6.0 to Android 6.0.1

Same here. System version "24.41.33.osprey_reteu_2gb.reteu.en.EU reteu" and no update yet Smiley Sad

GuySome
Punch Card
Views: 3,283
Message 12 of 293

Just as info for all prospecting european customers, devices bought at Amazon.fr already got the update, the ones from Amazon.de haven't (system builds are different).
martin_bulgaria
Punch Card
Views: 3,263
Message 13 of 293

Same question .... Some users in Bulgaria received 6.0.1 , some not 
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-3rd-Gen/Update-to-6-0-1-in-Bulgaria/td-p/3384172

shumon
SCSI Port
Views: 3,248
Message 14 of 293

Thank you GuySome - that is useful information indeed. Would you perhaps know the "6.0.1 status" about devices bought from UK retail shops?

@GuySome wrote:
Just as info for all prospecting european customers, devices bought at Amazon.fr already got the update, the ones from Amazon.de haven't (system builds are different).

Hivanoe
Paper Tape
Views: 3,131
Message 15 of 293

So it's just a question of time ?

Will we get 6.0.1 or we may jump directly to a newer version ?

just to know ...

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 3,125
Message 16 of 293

@Hivanoe wrote:

just to know ...

No one here knows, or if they do (moto employees) they won't say. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
shumon
SCSI Port
Views: 3,117
Message 17 of 293

@AlphaDog wrote:

@Hivanoe wrote:

just to know ...

No one here knows, or if they do (moto employees) they won't say. 

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I'm curious if the automatic updates are inconsistent across devices of the same model. So, is there anyone who has a Moto G3 from UK retail? Are you on Android 6.0? Or are you on Android 6.0.1?

Cooad
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,762
Message 18 of 293

@shumon wrote:

Thanks AlphaDog for letting us know. Just stating the obvious - it is massively dissappointing that some users of the G3 are spending the better part of this year on 6.0 (and possibly the whole year), while most of the users of the same model (G3) were automatically updated to 6.0.1.

What a bummer! Nice going Moto.

#FAIL

@AlphaDog wrote:

I checked - update is rolling out in waves - slowly.  It hasn't been pushed to all yet. No cause for concern.  No timetable either.  

You our will just have to be patient and wait until it does reach your phones. 

I have a 2015 Moto G as well, and it's still running on Android 6.0.

I really like motorola products, mostly because of the updates and stock android. However i feel like the EU ratail customers are treated unfairly. It appears that we are the last ones to receive the updates.

My previous phone was Moto E (1st gen). The Android 5.1 update was announced on 15th January 2015, and I received the update in mid-October - 9 months after release.

Now i haven't reveiced the 6.0.1 update on my Moto G, after 5 months - am I going to have to wait another 4?

Maybe joining the MFN will get me quicker updates?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,756
Message 19 of 293

@Cooad wrote:

@shumon wrote:

Thanks AlphaDog for letting us know. Just stating the obvious - it is massively dissappointing that some users of the G3 are spending the better part of this year on 6.0 (and possibly the whole year), while most of the users of the same model (G3) were automatically updated to 6.0.1.

What a bummer! Nice going Moto.

#FAIL

@AlphaDog wrote:

I checked - update is rolling out in waves - slowly.  It hasn't been pushed to all yet. No cause for concern.  No timetable either.  

You our will just have to be patient and wait until it does reach your phones. 

I have a 2015 Moto G as well, and it's still running on Android 6.0.

I really like motorola products, mostly because of the updates and stock android. However i feel like the EU ratail customers are treated unfairly. It appears that we are the last ones to receive the updates.

My previous phone was Moto E (1st gen). The Android 5.1 update was announced on 15th January 2015, and I received the update in mid-October - 9 months after release.

Now i haven't reveiced the 6.0.1 update on my Moto G, after 5 months - am I going to have to wait another 4?

Maybe joining the MFN will get me quicker updates?

Every Moto X Pure in the USA is still on 6.0 - so it has nothing to do with EU customers being treated unfairly. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
shumon
SCSI Port
Views: 2,723
Message 20 of 293

Perhaps, just perhaps, is this happening because I am outside the UK?

Although, I received the 6.0 update while I had already been outside the UK for a very long time. And I'm still in the same location.

Perhaps, just perhaps, would I need to board a fifteen hour flight to the UK just to get android 6.0.1 lol?!? Not that I'm going to jump on an aeroplane straight away lol but I'll be aware in case I need to travel for work.

Or is it just the plain fact that everyone with a UK retail Moto G3 is still on 6.0? In which case jumping on the next aeroplane will be useless.