Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 1,453
Message 71 of 293

Re: Moto G3 not updating from Android 6.0 to Android 6.0.1

The logical conclusion is that there is some reason that the 6.0.1 update has not gone out to a certain set of phones. 

Motorola never comments on dates, and there likely will be no comment as to why this group of phones has not received an update yet. 

I sympathisize with your call for transparency, but Motorola has not shared this information in the past (or when they did, it worked against them) so I doubt they will share any more information now. 

Your complaints have been received by the people that can pass them on. As for engineering resources - I would doubt one team does it all - and if the build was ready for these phones, then there would be no reason not to push it. A logical conclusion is something is not ready. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Ccl2000
HDMI
Views: 1,410
Message 72 of 293

In my case, im on the 1/8GB Model and still on 6.0, i don't think it has something to do with the 2/16GB Model only

shumon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,392
Message 73 of 293

OP here. I'm on 1/8 GB model here as well. Which country is your device from?

@Ccl2000 wrote:

In my case, im on the 1/8GB Model and still on 6.0, i don't think it has something to do with the 2/16GB Model only

fuzzman
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,373
Message 74 of 293

Well it's too late now, whatever logical conclusions can be assumed from Lenovo/Motorola's near total silence over half a year. At this point, L/M has basically shortened the lifespan of the affected phones, and left users vulnerable to known security issues discovered since the March 1 patch.

Between its silence and misleading and invalid suggestions from customer support that the update would self-download after a factory reset, L/M has left me feeling pretty let down, really.

Remember this fantasy? https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/110324  

Sure seems like I'm not alone here.

Motorola has had every opportunity to discover this issue, communicate to affected customers, and roll out a solution. It's not like calls to support, and the ever-increasing pile of forum posts are secret to Motorola.

But it didn't find a solution, and here we are, wondering if, some day, if just wait long enough, write enough forum posts, our phones will update to a patch level at least 8 months old. 

SAD.

Ccl2000
HDMI
Views: 1,241
Message 75 of 293

My device is from Argentina.

I received an update yesterday, but it just updated the security patch to JULY, a 4 month old patch and still on 6.0

shumon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,201
Message 76 of 293

Thanks CCL! I'll follow up with Joy for a July update as well.

@Ccl2000 wrote:

My device is from Argentina.

I received an update yesterday, but it just updated the security patch to JULY, a 4 month old patch and still on 6.0

shumon
SCSI Port
Views: 1,196
Message 77 of 293

Hi Joy, OP here! I have added my IMEI number now. Please could you arrange the July security patch for me?

@Moto_Joy wrote:

Hi All,

I have gathered your device IMEI and reported this concern already. Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,143
Message 78 of 293

@shumon wrote:

Hi Joy, OP here! I have added my IMEI number now. Please could you arrange the July security patch for me?

@Moto_Joy wrote:

Hi All,

I have gathered your device IMEI and reported this concern already. Thanks!

Hi shumon,

I have noted your device IMEI.

Thanks,

Joy

Motorola Support

motog2015_16GB
Punch Card
Views: 890
Message 79 of 293

Hello,

Moto _Joy, is there any update on a timeframe for this being rectified? It's good that S/N and IMEI numbers are being noted but I fear becoming a support statistic rather than actually getting the software update.

motog2015_16GB
Punch Card
Views: 839
Message 80 of 293

Just looking back and this update we have been requesting even just a mild inference of a timetable for across 8 forum pages, was released over 8 months ago now.

When Apple release an OS update for their iOS platform, it appears across all models of eligible devices in all regions within 24hrs. Even allowing for the different memory configurations in the Moto G 2015 line this can't be acceptible in anybodys eyes.

14th March 2016

https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/110389/~/moto-g-(3rd-generation)-...

If the update rollout has been pulled due to an issue being found, the logical conclusion would be that a notice about this would be posted. It's easier to say, "we have an issue that we will resolve" than sully your brand reputation across numerous forums and sites by keeping quiet. Worse still to anger and disappoint customers that have invested in the devices in the first place.