Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lowlander1
Paper Tape
Views: 14,241
Message 1 of 18

Moto x play not charging

My moto play 3rd gen shows the charging icon when plugged in but click on "battery" and it says "not charging"

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 14,214
Message 2 of 18

Re: Moto x play not charging

@Lowlander1 wrote:

My moto play 3rd gen shows the charging icon when plugged in but click on "battery" and it says "not charging"

That is odd, i have not heard of that one. Are you using a Moto charging cable? Moto charger? If the phone is completely off does it charge? What about safe mode? How have you charged it if it is not charging?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Lowlander1
Paper Tape
Views: 14,203
Message 3 of 18

Yes I am using the moto charger that came with it. It was at 4% , then I unplugged and put it in again, magically went to 17%. Currently using it while plugged in...battery sitting at 16% but still says "not charging". Contacted Motorola on chat...they had me hold power and vol down button for 2 minutes...no go. Tried another charger, no go.They said send it in, just bought in October. But I am flying to Edmonton this week and need a phone. Do you think I should try charging in safe mode?? What about trying a factory reset?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 14,201
Message 4 of 18

@Lowlander1 wrote:
Yes I am using the moto charger that came with it. It was at 4% , then I unplugged and put it in again, magically went to 17%. Currently using it while plugged in...battery sitting at 16% but still says "not charging". Contacted Motorola on chat...they had me hold power and vol down button for 2 minutes...no go. Tried another charger, no go.They said send it in, just bought in October. But I am flying to Edmonton this week and need a phone. Do you think I should try charging in safe mode?? What about trying a factory reset?

You have to decide risk vs. reward. If it isn't charging at all, or is close to non-functional, will a reset make it worse? I would not reset at 17%, but you could try charging while off or in safe mode. if you can get it charged, it may be worth trying a reset. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Lowlander1
Paper Tape
Views: 14,196
Message 5 of 18

Won't charge while off. Can I not reset while it is plugged in to the charger, it will hold at 17% doing that because that is how I am able to use the phone right now.? They said they would erase all my contacts , pics etc. and software from third parties anyway.
tusharma09
What's DOS?
Views: 12,669
Message 6 of 18

I am facing the same problem.. What did you do finally ?

MotoUser789
What's DOS?
Views: 12,647
Message 7 of 18

My phone not charging too!!! It shows charging thunder symbol inside the battery picture.  But when you go inside the battery settings, it clearly days Not Charging!!! 😢

Lowlander1
Paper Tape
Views: 12,569
Message 8 of 18

Koodo tried to repair it no luck so they gave me a different brand of phone. This is an issue with this phone. However because it was still under warranty I returned it to Motorola and they gave me a new one.I might put it on line again because I like it....it has a great camera!

Lowlander1
Paper Tape
Views: 12,567
Message 9 of 18

It is not repairable so if it is still under warranty then do like I did return it to Motorola and have them replace it.

Sonugill
Paper Tape
Views: 12,429
Message 10 of 18

The same issue also with my mobile ,three times it has been occured, earlier it occurred but issue resolved automatically but next time it occurred in nov 2016, i submitted the device in care they rectify it in one month but again today within a month it occurred and after 2 hrs i able to charge in power off mode. But now it is not showing battery usage. Care had kept this device more than me, ealier i extended my warranty by 79 days calling them but again when i tried to further nobody from technical team give me call back, I requested them to change my phone but they dont replace it. Still it is in warranty. I like this device because of its camera n sound quality. I am attaching the snapshots that i have taken