Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 60
Message 21 of 26

Re: MotoG3 - No files show up on My Computer

@Kev8 wrote:

My G3 doesn't have a "Developer solutions" item.

I have set USB to MTP and in Win10 files under MotoG3 there is absolutely nothing ("This folder is empty")

Yes, until you pull down the notification bar, and tap the "usb charging" notification, and change from charge to file transfer, windows shows only an empty folder. 

Here is a tutorial on what to do - for G6, but all Android phones should work this way if adhering to Google security guidelines. 

https://support.motorola.com/uk/en/products/cell-phones/moto-g-family/moto-g6/tutorials#/device/moto...

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Kev8
Paper Tape
Views: 57
Message 22 of 26

As I said above, I have set it to MTP i.e. file transfer. 

The link you offer doesn't really help with this since it suggests things that don't actually happen with Win10.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 54
Message 23 of 26

@Kev8 wrote:

As I said above, I have set it to MTP i.e. file transfer. 

The link you offer doesn't really help with this since it suggests things that don't actually happen with Win10.

I have windows 10 on 2 machines and all the stuff shown in the tutorial works for me. I tend to skip the notification area and just open file manager, but my Moto, LG and Nexus phones all work this way. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Kev8
Paper Tape
Views: 45
Message 24 of 26

Thanks. It used to work exactly as it should until just recently (files visible, SD card visible). Can't say exactly of course since I don't do this often. Probably in the laast few months something has changed.

I'm also having probs with the SD card not being recognised properly too, but that has no effect on this. Card in or out it's the same.

Kev8
Paper Tape
Views: 41
Message 25 of 26

Progress! The 32GB SD card had appeared to be 2 cards, both 32GB! I went to the Storage & USB, selected the card and chose Forget on the menu. Now I only have the single card and files appear via USB as expected. 

One of the symptoms was that the camera didn't work, saying there was not sufficient memory. It now works.

How the card got formatted in that strange way I don't know. I certainly had not done anything to it or changed anything. Very odd.

We can probably close this for now, thanks for your help!!

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 39
Message 26 of 26

@Kev8

Thanks for reporting back. Glad you got it working.