Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Odyssey
What's DOS?
Views: 557
Message 11 of 26

Re: MotoG3 - No files show up on My Computer

I have this same problem with a SD card formatted as internal. Unable to view via USB.

You say the solution is to remove the card, but if an internal formatted card is removed the data is lost as upon reinserting the OS will format it automatically. Then back to square one.

It's a Moto software problem that they need to fix ASAP. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 12 of 26

Odyssey said:

I have this same problem with a SD card formatted as internal. Unable to view via USB.

You say the solution is to remove the card, but if an internal formatted card is removed the data is lost as upon reinserting the OS will format it automatically. Then back to square one.

It's a Moto software problem that they need to fix ASAP. 

View original

The solution above is for external cards. Internal sd card support is by Google.  But I don't understand your problem.  In another thread you were using BT not USB. If your card is internal, then you don't see the card separately via USB, you only see internal storage. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Kev8
Paper Tape
Message 13 of 26

The PTP/MTP solution given by crystallet worked for me. Thanks!!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 14 of 26

There are 2 different issues.  

1. Android defaults to charge only when plugged into PC.  User must turn on file access

2. Files on SD card from before M may not be visible when phone is plugged into computer, this can be fixed by formatting card, or forcing card to be re-indexed (insert different card in phone temporarily, then put old card back in). 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Kev8
Paper Tape
Message 15 of 26

Further to my comment above: it works but does not remember, so I have to reset it every time I turn on. Can it be made to remember the setting?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 26

Kev said:

Further to my comment above: it works but does not remember, so I have to reset it every time I turn on. Can it be made to remember the setting?

View original

No. Google made this change. It is a security feature. It protects your files.  If you ever borrow a charging port, you don't have to worry about theft or infection. 

RO63
Paper Tape
Message 17 of 26

It help´d
I can find SD card now!
danskot
Paper Tape
Views: 435
Message 18 of 26

That worked for me. Thanks for the tip.

Robertctb
What's DOS?
Views: 72
Message 19 of 26

Solution to this problem.

I could not get the camera notification menu listed in many website and was determined to find another way.

It took me ages but I found the place in Settings,Deceloper Solutions,  USB Configuration and when I clicked on MTP and immediately on my computers. not bad for a 69 year old

Kev8
Paper Tape
Views: 66
Message 20 of 26

My G3 doesn't have a "Developer solutions" item.

I have set USB to MTP and in Win10 files under MotoG3 there is absolutely nothing ("This folder is empty")