Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,054
Message 11 of 15

Re: No internet even though successfully connected to WiFi on Moto G3

Hi duggo33,

I appreciate you reached back. I would suggest doing a factory reset once you're ready and already backed up your stuff. Remove Google account before doing so. If you are not yet ready doing so, I would suggest contacting your service provider if there's something they can do on their end since you can connect with Wifi.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

duggo33
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,015
Message 12 of 15

OK, back from my road trip to the Yukon and today I carried out the factory reset that Motorola tech support suggested. 

Very happy to say that the reset was fully successful. The process of course loses all prsonal data but I had backed up and was able to transfer all of my contacts and data via google from my tablet back to the Moto G3. 

I have no idea how or why the connection from my WI-FI network to the internet suddenly became blocked but at least I now know how to fix the problem if it happens again.

Thank you all for submitting suggestions on how the problem might be fixed.  Your help was very much appreciated.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 3,009
Message 13 of 15

Hi duggo33,

Glad that it worked! I appreciate your time you spent trying to do a factory reset to get this resolved. Good luck!

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
Views: 367
Message 14 of 15

You say to delete Google accounts before backing up but the backup setting askss foa Google account to use to backup to Google drive. So I am confused. Do I not use the Moto e4 setting for backup? Then what do I use?

Couldn't motoromo fix it in an update so the problem doesn't happen? This never was a problem with any other phone I have had. In the meantime, how do I back after deleting Google accounts? (Maybe should fix Moto backup so it doesn't use a Google account.)

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 364
Message 15 of 15

@725 wrote:

You say to delete Google accounts before backing up but the backup setting askss foa Google account to use to backup to Google drive. So I am confused. Do I not use the Moto e4 setting for backup? Then what do I use?

Couldn't motoromo fix it in an update so the problem doesn't happen? This never was a problem with any other phone I have had. In the meantime, how do I back after deleting Google accounts? (Maybe should fix Moto backup so it doesn't use a Google account.)

I am not sure what OS version you are using, but I am pretty sure that your phone is using Google backup, not Moto backup (there has not been a moto backjp for a long time). 

But the idea of the reset is to NOT use a backup as it usually restores whatever the problem was. Deleting the google account first helps people avoid any kind of auto restore. It used to do this in the past, it may not be that way anymore. 

But do a backup just in case, then reset the phone, then test without doing any kind of restore. You should be given a choice to setup as new or restore from backup. Setup as new is the way to test if this fixes the issue or not. Your same google account will automatically restore things synced to google outside of a backup (contacts, calendar, gmail).

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors