Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mptooze
Paper Tape
Views: 19,500
Message 1 of 15

No ringtone, no sound notifications, no audio on Motorola 3G

Two mornings ago I woke up to an unresponsive phone. After pressing down and holding for at least 10 seconds, the phone rebooted. Everything seemed fine. Until I realized my phone didn't ring when I got my first call. It just vibrated. I checked my sound notifications and everything was normal/unchanged. I also could not get any audio when my son sent me a video. I am getting text messages, but no notification sounds, just vibration.  I have rebooted the phone several times and still have the problem. What can I do?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 19,347
Message 2 of 15

Re: No ringtone, no sound notifications, no audio on Motorola 3G

@mptooze wrote:

Two mornings ago I woke up to an unresponsive phone. After pressing down and holding for at least 10 seconds, the phone rebooted. Everything seemed fine. Until I realized my phone didn't ring when I got my first call. It just vibrated. I checked my sound notifications and everything was normal/unchanged. I also could not get any audio when my son sent me a video. I am getting text messages, but no notification sounds, just vibration.  I have rebooted the phone several times and still have the problem. What can I do?

Hi mptooze,

Have you tried to put it in safe mode? If that didn't work, I would suggest doing a reset and see if that works.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

beatrizvr
What's DOS?
Views: 18,815
Message 3 of 15

Hello, I have a similar problem. The phone suddenly stops emitting sound at all. It has happened three or four times, but the sound always comes back and I never understood how. I have reseted it, putted it in safe mode, but the sound doesn't come after that. It comes randomly. Last time it happened I didn't reseted it, and when I noticed I could hear a phone call. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 18,763
Message 4 of 15

Hi beatrizvr,

When did you reset the phone? Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

fdude85
Paper Tape
Views: 17,289
Message 5 of 15

I have this exact same problem. I have rebooted the phone many times and run it in safe mode and still, I have no sound on the speaker. Please help

Qvo
What's DOS?
Views: 12,430
Message 6 of 15

Hi,

Same problem here. I can hear when someone is speaking to me but no sound on the loud speaker.

I can't here the sound through the loud speaker. I tried on safe mode but it did not fix the problem.

Can you help me, please?

Thank's

@mptooze wrote:

Arfeen11
Blue Screen Again
Views: 12,413
Message 7 of 15

I have this exact same problem. I have rebooted the phone many times and run it in safe mode and still, I have no sound on the speaker. Please help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 12,294
Message 8 of 15

@Arfeen11 wrote:

Hi, Arfeen11.

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, the

service/repair/replace is next step.

Thanks,

-Swaraj

TassieWalkers
What's DOS?
Views: 11,997
Message 9 of 15

Re: No ringtone, no sound notifications, no audio on Motorola 3G, only vibration

Hi, I too have discovered that my Moto3G mobile has stopped making any sounds at all:  no ringtones, no touchpad sounds, no alarms, no music, no speaker, only vibration.  I have soft rebooted, I have factory reset, I have deleted all downloaded apps in case they were causing a problem.  Nothing has worked.  This is a lovely little mobile, but why would it suddenly stop functioning as it should?  Any advice?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 11,813
Message 10 of 15

Re: No ringtone, no sound notifications, no audio on Motorola 3G, only vibration

@TassieWalkers wrote:

Hi, I too have discovered that my Moto3G mobile has stopped making any sounds at all:  no ringtones, no touchpad sounds, no alarms, no music, no speaker, only vibration.  I have soft rebooted, I have factory reset, I have deleted all downloaded apps in case they were causing a problem.  Nothing has worked.  This is a lovely little mobile, but why would it suddenly stop functioning as it should?  Any advice?

This is strange, but if you have already tried all the troubleshooting then would recommend service/repair.

-Swaraj

Top Kudoed Authors