Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (173 Views)

Non-existent voicemail

Hi,

I've just returned from the Far East and whilst away a Voicemail icon appeared.  Clearly I assumed there was a voicemail message waiting.  However, not wanting (and to be honest not knowing how to) to listen to the voicemail message whilst abroad I decided to wait until I got back to UK.

Once back, I  accessed my voicemail only to be told "there are no new messages and no saved messages".

However, the New Voicemail icon keeps re-appearing; I swipe it to remove the message but after a while it reappears and keeps on doing so.  I can only assume because my phone was linked to an overseas network that has caused this anomally.

Can anyone please advise how to get rid of this irritation as one day there will be a genuine voicemail message; a bit like crying wolf!

Cheers,

TonyT

Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 5 (154 Views)

Re: Non-existent voicemail

tsquared1 wrote:

Hi,

I've just returned from the Far East and whilst away a Voicemail icon appeared.  Clearly I assumed there was a voicemail message waiting.  However, not wanting (and to be honest not knowing how to) to listen to the voicemail message whilst abroad I decided to wait until I got back to UK.

Once back, I  accessed my voicemail only to be told "there are no new messages and no saved messages".

However, the New Voicemail icon keeps re-appearing; I swipe it to remove the message but after a while it reappears and keeps on doing so.  I can only assume because my phone was linked to an overseas network that has caused this anomally.

Can anyone please advise how to get rid of this irritation as one day there will be a genuine voicemail message; a bit like crying wolf!

Cheers,

TonyT

This is one of those odd bugs that has happened to many users over the history of cell phones. 

Some fixes include, leaving a new VM for yourself, and when you check messages, that clears the flag. Other fixes include carrier account settings - logging into the billing page and resetting voice mail. Or Calling carrier and have them reset the notification. 

Usually leaving a new VM for yourself will fix it (after retrieving) . If that fails, try a google search with your carrier name, and see if there is something carrier specific you can do. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Guru
Message 3 of 5 (148 Views)

[ Edited ]

Rebooting (turning device off & then on via the power off button) also clears some persistant but false notifications.

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 5 (143 Views)

Thanks so much for helping out on this one.

Leaving a voicemail message for myself, accessing it and then deleting does seem to have done the trick.

So, excellent advice and thanks again.

TonyT

Paper Tape
Message 5 of 5 (141 Views)

No, sorry rebooting had no effect.

The solution seems to be leaving a new voicemail message and then deleting it.

Thanks for your response.

TonyT

Top kudoed Authors