Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 430
Message 11 of 15

Re: Offline Bluetooth Voice Dialing is Blocked

Unless some other user here has had this issue and knows a work around, I am not sure what kind of comments you will get. 

If google updates changed something, then google would be the one to ask. i don't know of any recent Moto voice updates. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MrPhil
Paper Tape
Views: 428
Message 12 of 15

Would you know what the most effective channel to communicate with Google is? I usually do not get very far there.
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 420
Message 13 of 15

I only know of the Google product forums.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
jelabarre59
Fanfold Paper
Views: 126
Message 14 of 15

@AlphaDog wrote:

I think 99% of smartphone users have mobile data on, so your situation is uncommon. 

I am with the original poster here.  I do NOT use mobile data.  For that matter, I don't even use "OK Google" even when I'm on wifi.  If I can't type a query, I won't bother searching for something.

What I want is to have my BT headset dial a call from my contacts list.  Google doesn't need to get their filthy hands involved in the process at all.  I would have liked to have known Moto phones were no longer capable of this ***BEFORE*** I bought it, so I could have bought some other company's product.

MrPhil
Paper Tape
Views: 123
Message 15 of 15

I have given up on this issue.  The MOTO phone is not the problem.  Google Andriod simply stopped supporting offline voice dialing years ago.  I think it may be that they are forcing you to use cellular data so they can log your activity and record your voice, similar to Amazon Echo.  My voice dialing on the Moto G3 worked before Android 6.0.  I never use cellular data.  if you turn on data, it works.  I still use my hands free bluetooth car speaker to answer incoming calls.  I may have started this thread myself.  It is not your phone settings.  All the third party voice dialing APPS will fail to bypass the problem as well.  Please give up and stop your anxiety.  Motorola is only interested in having you upgrade your hardware.  They are not the customer friendly company they once were.

I am having serious issues with the Moto 360 2nd generation smart watch with this phone and Wear 2.  The solution as per Motorola is to buy a new phone and smart watch.  Does anyone beleive that I will ever buy Motorola again?  I will be buying very reasonably priced hardware from Chinese companies.  I don't even use Motorola walkie talkies anymore.  Even my pro level camera flash cost $100 instead of the almost $600 that Nikon charges.  We are not going to solve this one friend.