Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tasdisr
What's DOS?
Views: 174
Message 1 of 9

Ordering question

Will the Motorola site let you complete an order if something in marked delayed shipping? I want to order a Moto G for my wife with the Navy back but it is out of stock.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ordering question

I am not sure what the latest is - but i think so. If you do a custom order, they need a CC number and can charge. If you get to the last page, and it lets you put in a CC number, then yes, they are letting you complete the order even if shipping is delayed.

Personally, I would just complete the order, give them my money and wait patiently, but some people get mad about having their credit card charged... it doesn't bother me. 

You could wait for the status to change... you just won't be at the top of the list. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
tasdisr
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 9

It did let me get to the cc info which I did input and clicked place order, but the item remained in my cart and there was a message about some item being unavailable (the navy back). My cc card was charged but was credited right away and no email confirmation was received so I am assuming the order was not placed.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

It sounds like they are not taking orders because of this.... Since you were credited immediately. It seems odd to let you purchase, but maybe that is a limitation of the software.

Did it tell you that navy back was unavailable before you did the CC and place order final click?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
tasdisr
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 9

It said "delayed shipping" but that was it.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 6 of 9

You should still be able to place an order with a delayed color choice. I did not find any new order placed.  I do see that there was a $1.00 authorization hold that was reversed soon after. (this is just to verify the account)  Please attempt again and let me know if you are still facing issues.

tasdisr
What's DOS?
Message 7 of 9

I will try placing my order again and let you know if it goes through. Thanks

tasdisr
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9

Placed my order and it went through this time. Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Message 9 of 9

I'm happy to hear that.  I hope your wife enjoys her new Moto G 3rd Gen!

Top Kudoed Authors