Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 46
Message 11 of 13

Re: Phone shuts off when using camera problem

@seifula73 wrote:

So after some testing, I found out quite a bit and I don't think it's anything to do with the camera.

When the batter is 50-40% the phone turns on and I can unlock it and when I try to record a video outside it would shut down.

When it's around 30% the phone turns on and when I try and record a video with the camera or with the open camera app it will still shut down

when it's at 20% like it was today, when I unlock the phone before I can open the camera app the phone shuts down so I turned it on again and quickly opened the camera app and it shut down again after a few seconds. 

and I tested the above after I performed a clean cache partition and disabled and renabled the camera and cleaned the data and the above happened after.

Hi seifula73,

Thanks for trying! Try calibrating the battery and check-- here is the link. If it doesn't help, a repair would be the next option.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

seifula73
Paper Tape
Views: 21
Message 12 of 13

So after calibrating the batter and taking it out to test this is what happened.

Battery had 40% charge, I recorded a videos till it was at 20% and in the middle of recording the phone shuts down. I turn it back on and it's at 19% and when I unlock it after a few seconds it shuts down again without turning any apps on. Also the phone is always on battery saving mode. especially when it's at 15%.

So I turn the phone back on and don't unlock it, just leave it locked for time reading and it survives all the way till i get home.

Maybe I will have to get another phone as battery is not removeable.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 14
Message 13 of 13

@seifula73 wrote:

So after calibrating the batter and taking it out to test this is what happened.

Battery had 40% charge, I recorded a videos till it was at 20% and in the middle of recording the phone shuts down. I turn it back on and it's at 19% and when I unlock it after a few seconds it shuts down again without turning any apps on. Also the phone is always on battery saving mode. especially when it's at 15%.

So I turn the phone back on and don't unlock it, just leave it locked for time reading and it survives all the way till i get home.

Maybe I will have to get another phone as battery is not removeable.

Hi seifula73,

Thanks for trying and sorry about this. My best advice in this situation is that you contact our Service Center

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More