Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElizabethRose
Paper Tape
Views: 186
Message 1 of 9

Query about spec for new phone

Hello I previously posted this query under 'Welcome' where we were invited to post queries etc - but I have had no answer from Motorola and now that thread has been closed. I am somewhat perplexed by Motorola's approach to customer service! Anyhow I will try again and hope that someone from Motorola will answer me.

QUERY:

Hi am considering buying one of the new Moto Gs to replace my one year old Moto G LTE which seems to be a bit sluggish since the Lollipop upgrade, and to be honest doesn't have a lot of storage capacity as the SD card will only store certain things ie photos and music. Anyhow i would probably go for the higher storage capacity (16GB)  in the new phone - but what I want to know and haven't been able to find out in any of the bumph released to date is whether the new phone has the FM  radio still included? It is such a useful feature that it would be a deal breaker for me if it isn't included. Can someone from Motorola advise please???

cassiusvm
802.11n
Message 2 of 9

Re: Query about spec for new phone

Hello,
See:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/1286890/1436550876/redirect/1/filename/US_68017962001a.pdf
Tips & tricks
Radio: For FM radio, plug in a headset or earbuds, then tap Apps > FM Radio
ElizabethRose
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for this link cassiusvm. It certainly gives a lot of info about the new phone. I understand what you are saying about accessing the FM Radio app in this way - but are you sure the new phone will be enabled for FM radio? That is what I want to know - the app will only work if the phone has been thus enabled, as far as I understand. When I bought my current Moto G the app was pre installed on the phone.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

My understanding is that the FM radio will be enabled on the G. It won't be enabled on the X Play or X Style. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 5 of 9

I would also like to state that you cannot be down on Motorola's customer support by the responses you get here on the Forums. These forums were specifically designed to be an owner help owner format. Right in the rules it states that Motorola does not read all comments and you are not guaranteed any response to any question.

This forum is dependent on users to help answer questions and have discussions about Motorola products. If you feel that you need a direct answer then your best bet is to call Motorola directly for an answer. They may not be able to answer the question, but that is what you should try to do.

At the very least, you need to do as you did here and start a new discussion/question instead of posting in another thread. That is considered highjacking. When you were invited to post queries in the Welcome thread that was meant to be implied that you should open new threads and not ask your question in that thread. I am really sorry for the miscommunication there. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

cassiusvm
802.11n
Message 6 of 9

Hello,

Complete Moto G 3rd Gen technical specifications (Google Translate Brazilian Portuguese to English): https://translate.google.com.br/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2F...

ElizabethRose
Paper Tape
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for the responses about the FM radio,  joelbon and cassiusvm.

Regarding the use of these Forums I would  say the following - when someone from Motorola states "This is the place for your question, comments and issues regarding the new Moto G. We're eager to hear from you -- thanks for stopping by." it seems to me that this is an invitation to customers/potential customers, and while I appreciate that many queries can be, and are, answered by others who contribute to the Forums, it also is not that difficult for a Motorola rep to answer a straightforward query if they wish to. And there are occasions when they do so. It is after all Motorola which will benefit if people have a positive response and then buy the new phone!

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 8 of 9

I'm very sorry that you're disappointed in your experience in this forum.  Because the forum is set up for users to help users, Matt's post was written with that thought in mind.

Keeping in mind the user-to-user platform, there really are only two Motorola employees who are responsible for this entire forum, although you will sometimes see customer support representatives and engineers in here to help solve particularly difficult problems.  The two forum managers, Matt and Mark, rely on the forum moderators, identified by the MotoXprt badge next to their names, to keep the forum running smoothly and bring issues to their attention.  For the record, this forum is only a part of the forum managers' jobs.  

I most wholeheartedly agree with you that, at least when a product launches and less information is available, users may not be able to answer pre-purchase questions for you.  I believe that joelbon has given you the most accurate answer, though.

In any event, should you decide to purchase the phone, and you have questions about the way it works, I believe you'll find this forum a very good resource.

Good luck with whichever device you choose!   :-)

SKChowdary
Fanfold Paper
Message 9 of 9

Hello ElizabethRose

i Can say YES FM is included in the 3rd Gen Moto G. Which is currently i am having 

Top Kudoed Authors