Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weargle
What's DOS?
Views: 238
Message 5 of 6

Re: Moto G3 WIFI calling

I have a G3 so I have no clue as to why it posted this in a the wrong category (this is my first time using this forum) and I emailed Verizon but that basically led nowhere and I don't recall wifi calling being an option so I'd assume it would come with it right?

weargle
What's DOS?
Views: 309
Message 1 of 6

Moto G5 WIFI calling

When I first got my phone I got a notification from settings telling me I needed to activate wifi calling but whenever I try regardless of how much signal I have it never activates but it also never fails, I have left my phone for two hours before trying to get it to set up but it won't and the only reason why I care is because I can't close the notification since it's from settings and I find it annoying and in the way, please help

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 285
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G5 WIFI calling

@weargle wrote:

When I first got my phone I got a notification from settings telling me I needed to activate wifi calling but whenever I try regardless of how much signal I have it never activates but it also never fails, I have left my phone for two hours before trying to get it to set up but it won't and the only reason why I care is because I can't close the notification since it's from settings and I find it annoying and in the way, please help

Wifi calling is carrier dependent. If this is an unlocked phone and you are on Verizon or ATT (or many other USA carriers) they generally reserve wifi calling for their carrier branded variants.

Who is your carrier? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
weargle
What's DOS?
Views: 249
Message 3 of 6

My carrier is Verizon, it is not an unlocked phone

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 241
Message 4 of 6

@weargle wrote:

My carrier is Verizon, it is not an unlocked phone

Is this a G5 or G5 Plus? I wasn't aware that there was a Verizon branded G5/G5+, but there have been quite a few phones released since then. Did you purchase direct from Verizon?

Have you contacted Verizon? Have you checked the verizon portal to see if Wifi calling is provisioned on the account? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 173
Message 6 of 6

Re: Moto G3 WIFI calling

@weargle wrote:

I have a G3 so I have no clue as to why it posted this in a the wrong category (this is my first time using this forum) and I emailed Verizon but that basically led nowhere and I don't recall wifi calling being an option so I'd assume it would come with it right?

Verizon only allows carrier branded phones (Verizon branded) to have Wifi calling. Some carriers require these be turned on in the account settings - usually self service. 

The G3 is older so I don't remember what variants were offered, but a quick google search doesn't show a Verizon branded G3.