Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colin90
Paper Tape
Views: 92
Message 1 of 5

Reclaiming space on SD card formatted as Internal Storage

Hi, the 32gb SD card on my Moto G3 phone is getting full, I have deleted 500 photos and empted the trash bin, but no additional space has been recovered, why?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 87
Message 2 of 5

Re: Reclaiming space on SD card formatted as Internal Storage

@colin90 wrote:

Hi, the 32gb SD card on my Moto G3 phone is getting full, I have deleted 500 photos and empted the trash bin, but no additional space has been recovered, why?

Hi colin90,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try in Safe Mode & let us know.

Click here for the Moto G3 Safe Mode steps.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

colin90
Paper Tape
Views: 65
Message 3 of 5

thanks, have follwed the instructions, bu available space on SD card does not change, what now? Also if you add up all the values that each category claims ( Music, Photos, Video etc), it falls well short of the 22gb used on the SD card, where is the storage going?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 48
Message 4 of 5

@colin90 wrote:

thanks, have follwed the instructions, bu available space on SD card does not change, what now? Also if you add up all the values that each category claims ( Music, Photos, Video etc), it falls well short of the 22gb used on the SD card, where is the storage going?

Hi colin90,

Thanks for trying could you please follow the mentioned steps here and see if that helps.

Thanks

Sandip

colin90
Paper Tape
Views: 36
Message 5 of 5

thanks. but I do not have problem in transferring data TO the SD card. I think that I may have found the culprit, but I am still confused. Using an APP called DiscUsage I have found a folder on the SD card , ANDROID, it is 7gb, my lost storage. But when i drill down on that folder, it seems to be all my Apps and Data, the phone seems to be putting EVERYTHING on the SD card, rather than using the Intrnal memory for some things. When the SD card is totally full, I will have to do a factory reset, and start over

Top Kudoed Authors