Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thyra3l
Paper Tape
Views: 537
Message 1 of 2

SD CARD TRUBLE WITH MARSHMALLOW

So I'm on Android Marshmallow on Motorola Moto G3(2015) and have formatted my SD card as internal storage. Its not working after a month now for some unknown reasons. i do not care about the data. i want my SD card to be normal as like when i bought it. how to do so ?

The mobile is not able to recognize it or reformat it as internal storage/portable storage .

When formatting to internal again this message comes : attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.os.storage.VolumeInfo.getId()' on a null object reference.

When formatting to portable it says : done 
but still unable to view/use it .

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 508
Message 2 of 2

Re: SD CARD TRUBLE WITH MARSHMALLOW

@Thyra3l wrote:

So I'm on Android Marshmallow on Motorola Moto G3(2015) and have formatted my SD card as internal storage. Its not working after a month now for some unknown reasons. i do not care about the data. i want my SD card to be normal as like when i bought it. how to do so ?

The mobile is not able to recognize it or reformat it as internal storage/portable storage .

When formatting to internal again this message comes : attempt to invoke virtual method 'java.lang.String android.os.storage.VolumeInfo.getId()' on a null object reference.

When formatting to portable it says : done 
but still unable to view/use it .

Hi Thyra3l,

Have you tried to format your sd card through PC? that may help.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support