Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonathanedge
What's DOS?
Views: 12,463
Message 1 of 6

SD Card Issue with Moto G 3rd Gen

So I was just on Pokemon GO (which is on my SD card) when the app unexpectedly crashed, shortly followed by the phone itself crashing. When I turned it back on, all of the apps had been wiped from my homescreens, and none of the apps stored on my SD card were showing up on the apps list. My SD card (which has been formatted to the device for a while now) still shows up in the storage menu, and clearly states that 4.16GB of it is used, but when I tap on the SD card, under all of the headings ("apps", "images" etc) it just says calculating. Now, I still have access to some of the resources on my SD card, such as my images and the music I have downloaded to Spotify, but I cannot find any way to open the apps I have on the SD card. I have tried removing and restarting several times, and the card and slot themselves are clean so I don't think the issue is there. I can't find any solutions online, so can anybody here help? I really have no idea what to do.

jonathanedge
What's DOS?
Views: 12,412
Message 2 of 6

Re: SD Card Issue with Moto G 3rd Gen

Actually, never mind. The phone literally just restarted itself and all of my apps returned. No clue what went wrong, but it fixed itself.

ACHINTYA4MOTOG3
Paper Tape
Views: 7,740
Message 3 of 6

Living with this SD card auto ejecting issue in my otherwise excellent Motog3 since August,2015. Tried all the solutions, formatting, changing the card, purchasing carefully an authentic/original SD card, but nothing happened. Problem returned again after momentary cures. Nay, it is infectious !

Mine is a 64gb class 10 Sandisk micro SD card. Former was a 32 GB of the same. Both have the same issues. 

Lost my camera- shoot precious memories. Yes camera shoot! What with camera guys?

Now I'm more at the point. Just see what exactly happens.

1)Camera default storage selected to SD card.

2)Shoot still/movie shots  for a few days comfortably.

3) Now watch the videos comfortably for a few days you captured.

4) Now suddenly a doom's day approaches as you see a sudden error message, "......... Location not found"/"....still ejecting SD card". Maybe your MX player will  hang,maybe your ES File Explorer will not display the external memory card.

5) You restart the device, it is apparently okey,but go to play that particular camera shoot video, it will stop at the same point, auto eject the card from the same situation. It always happens with the camera captured videos only and not with the other videos.

6)Now the most interesting thing happens! Suppose you don't want to loose your video and use a laptop/PC to take the backup and format the card.

7)The installed updated antivirus in the system will certainly fail to complete the scanning process by any means. Cannot copy the certain folder which contains the defective video. 

8)Maybe another machine may become suddenly shutdown whenever you connect the card reader with the card.

9)Now you can comfortably re-insert it in your great MotoG3. Format it ! Will be ready and all okey for a few days. But guys, you can no more get back your videos.

What's the problem? SD card is the villain? Camera app of the Motog3 villain? MX player is the villain? ES file Explorer the villain? Is it any virus programming auto generated? That even can never be repaired or rectified?

I raised this issue elaborately from my long time observation for any developer to look into the matter and  to help the noble and proud MOTOG3 USERS COMMUNITY. This auto ejection of infected SD card really invites the fresh gloom again and again.

ACHINTYA4MOTOG3
Paper Tape
Views: 7,739
Message 4 of 6

Living with this SD card auto ejecting issue in my otherwise excellent Motog3 since August,2015. Tried all the solutions, formatting, changing the card, purchasing carefully an authentic/original SD card, but nothing happened. Problem returned again after momentary disappearance. Nay, it is infectious !

Mine is a 64gb class 10 Sandisk micro SD card. Former was a 32 GB of the same. Both have the same issues.

Lost my camera- shoot precious memories. Yes camera shoot! What with camera, guys?

Now I'm more at the perfect point. Just see what exactly happens.
1)Camera default storage selected to SD card.
2)Shoot still/movie shots for a few days comfortably.
3) Now watch the videos comfortably for a few days you captured.
4) Now suddenly a doom's day approaches as you see a sudden error message, "......... Location not found"/"....still ejecting SD card". Maybe your MX player will hang,maybe your ES File Explorer will not display the external memory card.
5) You restart the device, it is apparently okey,but go to play that particular camera shoot video, it will stop at the same point, auto eject the card from the same situation. It always happens with the camera captured videos only and not with the other videos. And from now on your SD card is a culprit, will auto eject at any time. It will demand your patience of restarting the device to enjoy the external SD card.
6)Now the most interesting thing happens! Suppose you don't want to loose your video and use a laptop/PC to take the backup and format the card.
7)The installed updated antivirus in the system will certainly fail to complete the scanning process by any means. Cannot copy the certain folder which contains the defective video. The machine finally hangs.
8)Maybe another machine may become suddenly shutdown whenever you connect the card reader with the card.
9)Now you can comfortably re-insert it in your great MotoG3. Format it ! Will be ready and all okey for a few days. But guys, you can no more get back your videos.

What's the problem? SD card is the villain? Camera app of the Motog3 villain? MX player is the villain? ES file Explorer the villain? Is it any virus programming auto generated? That even can never be repaired or rectified?

I raised this issue elaborately from my long time observation for any developer to look into the matter and to help the noble and proud MOTOG3 USERS COMMUNITY. This auto ejection of infected SD card really invites the fresh gloom again and again.

mev
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,211
Message 5 of 6

Hey there..

I own a Moto X Play. My father owns a Moto G4 Plus. And my friend owns a Moto E.

We all have this same problem if we keep sd card as external storage.

All of a sudden, (no particular pattern observed) the sd card is auto-ejected with a notification "Still ejecting sd card..."

And everything on the sd card disappears, even when sd card is inside the phone and no app has stimulated any ejection.

We even tried permutations and combinations by removing apps, restarting in safe mode, formatting the sd card, and simple factory resetting the phone. It just "postpones" the issue. It comes back sooner than you expect.

I lost two sd cards and hard-collected data in them so far. And my third sd card has been ejected about 93 times now.

And similar to you, none of the solutions on the internet work. When I connected with the Moto Helpline, they just said that this is an sd card issue and not a phone issue. Yes, three sd cards and millions of people in this world facing the same issue, but the phone's perfectly fine.

One of the article even suggested that this is an issue with Android 6. May be.

But overall, we, the users, have to suffer.

I am thinking of ditching the phone and the brand. I'd advise you to do the same.

RobinGG
Paper Tape
Views: 672
Message 6 of 6

Did you find a solution.

Mine ongoing for 2 years and now asked to send phone for repair when there is an obvious software issue that an update could resolve
Top Kudoed Authors