12-22-2016

NL

4 Signins

64 Page Views

• Views: 64
  • Message 91 of 155

Re: SD Card Missing Please Reinsert

2016-12-22, 12:58 PM

I did have had this problem for some time. After the last occurrence I noticed that one app was missing from the installed apps although it still could be invoked from the SD card. After Imoved it from the card to device storage, itappeared again  in the app list. The error has'nt occurred since then.

The app in question was Osmand. May be the size 1.9 GB did cause the problem.

Options

2 Posts

12-20-2016

NL

6 Signins

42 Page Views

• Views: 42
  • Message 92 of 155

2016-12-22, 14:50 PM
I'm a bit further. Tried copying everything from the SD to the HDD and with 2 movies it had problems. Chkdsk though doesn't find any errors. Need to reformat and then check again.
Options

5 Posts

01-07-2017

CA

7 Signins

178 Page Views

• Views: 178
  • Message 93 of 155

2017-01-07, 6:21 AM

I also had this message pop up a couple of times.  I bought this phone (moto G 3rd gen) in November from Koodo (Telus).  It was refurbished, but had Marshmellow 6.0 installed.  It didn't have an SD card, so I bought and installed a Sandisk 32 GB, class 10 card.  It all worked fine for about a week until I kept getting the missing SD card message.  Sometimes once a day but eventually 3 or 4 times a day.  Lately however, I don't get the message anymore, but the phone will just turn itself off and start to reboot.  After rebooting, most of my apps are inaccessible and the app icons have to be reinstalled again.  Also, my notification sounds are being reset to the default notification sound.  I cannot reset the sounds until after I do another reboot, because it cannot access my 'custom' sounds (Probably doesn't recognize the SD card until I reboot).

Annoying is just to put it mildly.

Just today I got a message that said that new version 7.0 is availble to be installed.  Maybe it has a fix to this problem, but I'm a bit leary to install it at this time.  The message tells me that I cannot downgrade after istalling this update.  Has anybody installed it already and if so, is it running okay? 

Options

5 Posts

01-07-2017

CA

7 Signins

178 Page Views

• Views: 178
  • Message 94 of 155

2017-01-07, 6:22 AM

I also had this message pop up a couple of times.  I bought this phone (moto G 3rd gen) in November from Koodo (Telus).  It was refurbished, but had Marshmellow 6.0 installed.  It didn't have an SD card, so I bought and installed a Sandisk 32 GB, class 10 card.  It all worked fine for about a week until I kept getting the missing SD card message.  Sometimes once a day but eventually 3 or 4 times a day.  Lately however, I don't get the message anymore, but the phone will just turn itself off and start to reboot without warning.  After rebooting, most of my apps are inaccessible and the app icons have to be reinstalled again.  Also, my notification sounds are being reset to the default notification sound.  I cannot reset the sounds until after I do another reboot, because it cannot access my 'custom' sounds (Probably doesn't recognize the SD card until I reboot).

Annoying is just to put it mildly.

Just today I got a message that said that new version 7.0 is availble to be installed.  Maybe it has a fix to this problem, but I'm a bit leary to install it at this time.  The message tells me that I cannot downgrade after istalling this update.  Has anybody installed it already and if so, is it running okay? 

Options

13 Posts

12-10-2016

IN

5 Signins

99 Page Views

• Views: 99
  • Message 95 of 155

2017-01-07, 7:23 AM

Contact on Facebook Page Moto care India chat : https://m.facebook.com/MotoCareindia/

I am sure they will help you with 100% Satisfied Solutions .

If you don't find type " @motocareindia .

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2017

CA

4 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 96 of 155

2017-01-08, 14:11 PM

Have same trouble.

Bought My Moto G3 last december 2016.

While activating it, i used a Sandisk 32GB Ultra (Class 10) for expanding internal storage/filesystem.

I was working fine until yesterday when i receive a Motorola update.

Just after the update, i got the dreaded SD card not found...insert or Forget...

Tried remove/re-insert, saw that under USB Storage that it was analyzing it but after x seconds, it reject it.

Also tried power down / up, always same issue.

After seeing all these posts about same issue i was shocked.

I have bought same G3 for my wife except she have Sandisk 32GB Extreme (USH-3) SD card and have less installed app than me.

I cross my fingers that she will not encounter this bug.

Because THIS IS A BUG. Motorola or Android... One should take measure on it as we don't buy electronics just to scrap our economy so fast!

Options

17 Posts

09-18-2016

US

30 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 97 of 155

2017-01-08, 14:41 PM

For whatever reason SanDisk Ultra is not a fast enough card for this phone when used as internal memory. I had similar issues.

When I went to SanDisk Extreme my "card too slow" and "card missing" errors disappeared. It's been about 4 months and I had no issues with the SanDisk Extreme card.

Not all apps will install to the SD card

It depends on how it was written by the developer. I am constantly up against the wall with the phone storage being filled up even though there's plenty of space on the SD card.

Options

6 Posts

07-31-2016

NA

12 Signins

77 Page Views

• Views: 77
  • Message 98 of 155

2017-01-19, 4:37 AM

Based on the good experiences here with the Lexar SD card, I bought one myself: a Lexar 600x 32gb. Installed it on December 26th and its been pretty good.....right up to this afternoon when my darned Motorola G3 managed to corrupt it beyond any redemption: taking with it pretty much all my data.

At this point, my dissapointment in my Motorola has reached a new high......Motorola has achieved new lows as far as after-sale support of its models is concerned. The refusal to update the G3 to Nougat is just another slap to the face too! :smileymad:

Might as well just get me a Nokia.

Options

2 Posts

01-22-2017

GB

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 99 of 155

2017-01-22, 20:51 PM

Another Moto G3 user with the same problem here... :(

Using a Lexar 32GB microSDHC UHS-II card, and on boot it will go to "Checking..." and then say that the card is missing.

SD card was formatted as internal memory, and sadly there are still Android games that share their save games on the SD card, without backing them up to "Play Games", or Facebook or whatever.

So, again data will be lost. Can't attempt to get the data off the card from somewhere else because (in their wisdom) the Android developers decided to make "Internal memory" SD cards encrypted with a device-specific key!

Options

2 Posts

01-22-2017

GB

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 100 of 155

2017-01-22, 22:13 PM

Somewhat surprised that in this case, the card does appear to be completely broken now. I can't repartition/reformat it from Android, Windows or Linux!

This is a card which has only been in use since October 2016!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete