Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tosarun_31jan
Paper Tape
Views: 20,131
Message 121 of 146

Re: SD Card Missing Please Reinsert

I have faced same problem in my new moto g5 plus I did everything but still sd card is not detecting to my phone please suggest. 

icuurd12b42
What's DOS?
Views: 19,555
Message 122 of 146

It's the god d@#$%d phone or the god d@#$%d OS

I just lost my 3rd sd card on this phone. Like clockwork, all failed 3 months after setting it up. All sd cards with the recomended specs and reputable (well the last 2 for sure) vendors. On the first failure, I initially thought I got a bad (fake) sd card but after going through reputable vendor and paying more for reputable sd cards matching the specs, the chances of it being the card is next to nill.

Lost all my photos, music... and worst because the way it installs, all my apps now dont work because mainly they had no room to install on the internal disk... Them being mostly installed on the ssd disk, due to the so common concept of selling phones with as much internal storage space as a PC sold in the 80's, the entire phone is basically bricked... I can remove the card and re-install everything but then I have no room for even the standard apps...

The solution? never buy a Moto Phone ever again, and 2, buy a phone with enough internal space it's not obsolete in 6 month from the OS updates taking 99% of the internal storage space leaving you nothing, good luck with that one...

We may have freed ourselves from land line and old dynosaurs phone companies. but this whole new dream pretty much turned to a Sisyphus nightmare of forking 300 bucks in a new phone every 6 months...

Highlighted
laconis
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 19,534
Message 123 of 146

Solution inside !! Smiley Happy

I solved the problem with an improbable workaround. 100% safe and 100% result : SD card + data Smiley Happy

2 steps :

1. I plugged the unrecognised SD card to the phone (Moto 3G) through an external SD Card reader and female to male Micro USB. The phone first recognised a new usb drive and started the process to mount the drive. It failed and the drive disappeared from the phone memory settings.
  2. Then I unplugged the SD card reader and simply put the SD card into its internal slot. The phone immediatly recognised it as the "lost" SD card. Got everything back to normal.

That's it. Don't ask me why I tried this procedure. I just did. My guess is that plugging a usb drive forced the mounting process to clean up potential mess..

I'll monitor to see whether the pb occurs again. Until now, the phone+card worked well for 2 years.

I'd be curious whether if this solution worked for you, and also whether if plugging a random SD card also fix the problem.

So sorry for all the folks who have lost their data so far. Smiley Sad

I really hope my post puts an end to this hecatomb.

carlopipitone
SCSI Port
Views: 19,474
Message 124 of 146

@icuurd12b42 wrote:
(....snip....)

The solution? never buy a Moto Phone ever again, and 2, buy a phone with enough internal space it's not obsolete in 6 month from the OS updates taking 99% of the internal storage space leaving you nothing, good luck with that one...

THIS is the solution for sure. After the G3 I bought a second Moto mobile (G Play) that gave me the same exact issue. Luckily this G Play has got 16 Gb internal memory, and I am using only this - no more SD cards in this phone.

Surely my (or my family's) next phine won't be a Moto.

laconis
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 19,431
Message 125 of 146

have you tried my solution ?
carlopipitone
SCSI Port
Views: 19,379
Message 126 of 146

@laconis wrote:
have you tried my solution ?

I don't have any external SD Card reader.

When the same issue occurred in my Moto G Play, the SD card was not recognized by any computer (pc or Mac) that I  used to access the data on the card.

laconis
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 19,290
Message 127 of 146

That's your decision to buy a 5$ card reader and to save your data (and sd card) Smiley Happy

I believe your pc and mac could properly mount the sd card, but could not read the content, since it is encrypted.

But here, the procedure is not to connect the card reader to a pc, but to the phone itself, in order to force it to clean up its SD card index (or something). Give it a try.

carlopipitone
SCSI Port
Views: 19,242
Message 128 of 146

Well, I haven't a 'female to male micro USB' either, and at US$ 19.99 it's too steep Smiley Happy
Your method is worth a try though.
Anyway the best (only?) insurance is a frequent backup of the SD card content.
AlexBarts
What's DOS?
Views: 17,289
Message 129 of 146

Congrats, dude! it actually work! My SD stopped again to work after a month or so, but this was apparently due to a bug in the facebook app. After uninstalling it, and doing again the procedure with the micro USB+ reader everything worked again, and this even eventually re-installing the facebook app.

Thank you so much! A toast!

shaun2029
What's DOS?
Views: 16,713
Message 130 of 146

I have found this probable solution:  Gopi Kumar 7說:
This is a well discussed and easy to fix bug... Disconnect USB cable, go to Settings, Apps, and Show System Apps and find External Storage and Media Storage and clear data and cache on each one and reboot, then give it 5 min after full boot up to rebuild media databases and connect to USB and select MTP. Should be good to go.

Top Kudoed Authors