Did you mean: 
Ti-Paul
What's DOS?
Views: 3,126
Message 91 of 144

Re: SD Card Missing Please Reinsert

Have same trouble.

Bought My Moto G3 last december 2016.

While activating it, i used a Sandisk 32GB Ultra (Class 10) for expanding internal storage/filesystem.

I was working fine until yesterday when i receive a Motorola update.

Just after the update, i got the dreaded SD card not found...insert or Forget...

Tried remove/re-insert, saw that under USB Storage that it was analyzing it but after x seconds, it reject it.

Also tried power down / up, always same issue.

After seeing all these posts about same issue i was shocked.

I have bought same G3 for my wife except she have Sandisk 32GB Extreme (USH-3) SD card and have less installed app than me.

I cross my fingers that she will not encounter this bug.

Because THIS IS A BUG. Motorola or Android... One should take measure on it as we don't buy electronics just to scrap our economy so fast!

schroda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,121
Message 92 of 144

For whatever reason SanDisk Ultra is not a fast enough card for this phone when used as internal memory. I had similar issues.

When I went to SanDisk Extreme my "card too slow" and "card missing" errors disappeared. It's been about 4 months and I had no issues with the SanDisk Extreme card.

Not all apps will install to the SD card

It depends on how it was written by the developer. I am constantly up against the wall with the phone storage being filled up even though there's plenty of space on the SD card.

billy187
Paper Tape
Views: 2,938
Message 93 of 144

Based on the good experiences here with the Lexar SD card, I bought one myself: a Lexar 600x 32gb. Installed it on December 26th and its been pretty good.....right up to this afternoon when my darned Motorola G3 managed to corrupt it beyond any redemption: taking with it pretty much all my data.

At this point, my dissapointment in my Motorola has reached a new high......Motorola has achieved new lows as far as after-sale support of its models is concerned. The refusal to update the G3 to Nougat is just another slap to the face too! Smiley Mad

Might as well just get me a Nokia.

johnb75
Paper Tape
Views: 2,868
Message 94 of 144

Another Moto G3 user with the same problem here... Smiley Sad

Using a Lexar 32GB microSDHC UHS-II card, and on boot it will go to "Checking..." and then say that the card is missing.

SD card was formatted as internal memory, and sadly there are still Android games that share their save games on the SD card, without backing them up to "Play Games", or Facebook or whatever.

So, again data will be lost. Can't attempt to get the data off the card from somewhere else because (in their wisdom) the Android developers decided to make "Internal memory" SD cards encrypted with a device-specific key!

johnb75
Paper Tape
Views: 2,858
Message 95 of 144

Somewhat surprised that in this case, the card does appear to be completely broken now. I can't repartition/reformat it from Android, Windows or Linux!

This is a card which has only been in use since October 2016!

yjmh
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,801
Message 96 of 144

same problem.how to fix;had it back to 3 shop once;temporary improvement

carlopipitone
Serial Port
Views: 2,458
Message 97 of 144

AARRGGHHHH!!!! Again! My Moto 3G again does not recognize the microSD that I installed a few months ago as external memory.

Now not only the card is not recognized, also it is not readable even by a computer or other device.

So the card AND all its content are gone.

Now I have installed another microSD that I had laying around, this time as internal memory. Hope it works,

If I were richer I'd have trashed the **bleep** mobile and bought another one.

NEVER EVER I will buy a Motorola mobile of any sort again.

Also I will make all efforts to review these mobiles negatively wherever I can.

schroda
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,452
Message 98 of 144

I had to buy three cards before I found one that work had to get the fastest one I could find SanDisk Extreme PRO  card. Have not had any trouble since getting the SanDisk Extreme PRO. But I spent about $50 on cards. I will never ever ever buy a phone again with only 8 gigs of internal memory. I am constantly running out of space because some apps are written to only install to internal memory and will not go to the card.

ronlad_motoX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,427
Message 99 of 144

Though I am quite desperate at this point, I cannot resist to add another post to this long thread. There a many similar threads, but this one seems most active. Though I am using a Moto X, the problem is the same. I lost three SD cards early on and realized that using SD cards as Internal memory is just not an option for my Moto. Now after 7 months of flawless activity my SanDisk 64 ultra has quit on me too. After re-formatting in Windows the Moto recognizes it again, and silly me, i tried to use it as Internal memory. The Moto lost connection with the card while it was being formatted. Yet another card lost as it is also not recognized anymore in Windows. Just as my other cards. Does someone have an idea how to resolve that, can I assume they are lost? 

Another issue I have is that my Moto will not recognize any other SD card after it loses its SD-card. The only option I have is to factory reset the whole thing. Yes, I will buy another high speed SD card and use it as external storage but it remains very frustrating. I am using apps (Spotify, Sygic Nav) that simple will only store their data on internal memory. My 16Gig space is completely filled. If I just would have known before purchasing...

Last comment; I am deeply disappointed about the lack of ownership from Lenovo on this issue. The best solution was from a moderator that commented "I am not a fan either". 

Ti-Paul
What's DOS?
Views: 2,378
Message 100 of 144

Since i replaced Sandisk Ultra 32Gb with Extreme Pro 32Gb, all is fine (cross my fingers since it is working from 2 months ago, the Ultra card last 2-3 weeks).

BUT : I use the Ultra card inside my daugther new laptop that had only emmc 32Gb memory inside in order to install and use Linux instead of Windows 10 that was too much for this little laptop. The Ultra card is working very well since those two months...

There si something wrong with Hardware OR Android...

As of now, i like both so keep crossing my fingers. Smiley Happy

Top Kudoed Authors