Views: 1,786
Message 141 of 144

Re: SD Card Missing Please Reinsert

alfaquad88
Paper Tape
Views: 1,773
Message 142 of 144

This was an AWESOME workaround with this crap Moto G Play. I have a SanDisk 128gb Ultra Pro and using it as internal memory beat up even a top quality card to the point it wouldnt read it anymore giving me the common "Sandisk Card missing, please reinsert" and rebooting didnt work. I should have listened to those posting when i thought my Transend 128gb was the problem the first time this happened 3 months ago but it's the phone not being able to handle Micro's as internal memory.

I tried every software to recover but it's encypted as internal and can only be read by the phone, I even made a mirror MicroSD that didnt work. But once i verified with EaseUS Data that my 57gb of my data were readable and on .SWF shockwave files. I figured i'd give this a try.

I used a VIVTAR 5-in-1 multifunction card reader stick (VIV-RW-7100) with a built in micro USB that i just plugged right into my MOTO but surprisingly it took it right away so I'm backing up all my data to Google Drive that wasn't backed up over the last week before sliding it as internal memory again. additionally only issue is that it's creating all duplicate photos and videos to Google Photos but that a small price to pay so i can backup everything else including all my app data that wasn't backed up yet..apps reappeared too. Thanks again!!!!
Helen38
What's DOS?
Views: 1,497
Message 143 of 144

I have this problem with a 32Gb Sandisk card formatted as internal in a moto G3 with 8Gb RAM. Happened shortly after marshmallow upgrade to 6.0.1

Card won't read after power off/on,

Card won't read inserted into phone via external reader

Of course card won't read on PC, although data recovery software recognises partitions

Have tried to clone the corrupted Sandisk onto a PNY 32Gb SD card, but it seems that there is not enough space on the new micro SD card. ?!!

Motorola online chat has just told me to reformat the unreadable card

It would be nice if a large international company could come up with a better response to what is an extremely annoying (and apparently fairly common) problem. 

It is fairly impossible to use a phone with less than 4Gb spare memory without an SD card.

Laprecision
What's DOS?
Views: 84
Message 144 of 144

It tried it, it recognizes when i plug in externally but does not when I insert the card internally. There is no logic to your solution. It can not be generalized. The best solution is to get a better cell phone with large internal storage and avoid using SD cards at all cost because they get corrupted eventually. thanks for sharing.
Top Kudoed Authors