Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kennic
Paper Tape
Views: 11,827
Message 11 of 144

Re: SD Card Missing Please Reinsert

Problem returned a day after deleting suspect photos. I'm still looking for a solution.
CSCOOK
Paper Tape
Views: 11,658
Message 12 of 144

Tried that link - invalid parameters. Some audio files I would NOT like to lose are on that SD card :-(.

haakmann
Paper Tape
Views: 11,586
Message 13 of 144

Sd card is working in other devices, and it did work for 2+ months in my Moto G3. But suddenly it says Put in the sd card.....I reinstaled it and it worked for a day, but now the message is coming again...

Can Lenovo come up with a solution or should I return the phone where i bought it and go for another brand?

billy187
Paper Tape
Views: 11,390
Message 14 of 144

Hello guys, has any solution come up yet? I've been living with this problem ever since I updated to Marshmallow in early February. Its now gotten soo bad I cant take it anymore!!!

Greg70
Paper Tape
Views: 11,385
Message 15 of 144

After searching this and other on-line conversations for a solution for several weeks, I finally gave up and just reformatted my SD card as external memory. It's been working fine in that capacity now for over a month. Luckily I didn't have much on the card that hadn't been backed up so I didn't lose much data. I did have to delete some apps because they wouldn't fit in the phone's 8 GB of onboard memory.

shaans
Paper Tape
Views: 11,341
Message 16 of 144

Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but I have had the same issue on the G3 Turbo Edition. I bought the phone about 4 months back, with Android 6.0.1 already on it, and installed a SanDisk Ultra 32 gb UHS 1 U 1 card (80 MB/s read, 20 MB/s write) as adoptable storage. While it did warn me that the card was slow (don't know why) I was still able to use it as adoptable for about 3 months after which it suddenly gave me the error. Tried rebooting, removing and then reinserting the card but nothing helped. I tried recovering the data on the card, but in the end nothing worked, and the card was unreadable as well.

I ended up buying another card. This time a 32 gb Samsung pro + UHS 1 U3 (90 MB/s read and 40 MB/s write). The card was detected fine, and didn't give any slow warnings also. I set it up as internal storage again, only to have the error pop up within 2 weeks of usage.

In both instances the cards were used primarily for media storage and a couple of large apps, which I used infrequently. I was only using about 40% of the available space. 

Not sure what the problem is, but I'm at my wits end. I'm trying now to find out if this is an issue brought on by some specific usage patterns or if it's a problem with the implementation of the feature, or a hardware glitch that seems to be impacting only some specific phones, since not everyone is facing the issue.

In any case, any advice on avoiding the issue in the future will be greatly appreciated or is it recommended that I forego the internal storage option and use the sd card as external storage only. 

Gilsworth
Fanfold Paper
Views: 11,336
Message 17 of 144

Hi shaans, join the club. The only thing to do until someone from Motorola/Lenovo comes up with a solution is to back up everything and either not use the sd card as internal storage or shrug your shoulders and keep buying new SD cards or reformatting the old ones. Advice from other threads and forums  is that there are problems rolling back to lollipop so unless you are a very tec savvy person that's not really an option either. So we wait and hope that a solution will be found maybe with an update to Marshmallow. Otherwise a really good phone is now a rather indifferent one. Add to that the decommissioning of GSM/2G in Australia and a number of other countries means that the dual SIM capability is going to become almost useless. (It's why I bought the phone in the first place) It is all really sad. :-(

shaans
Paper Tape
Views: 11,309
Message 18 of 144

@Gilsworth wrote:

Hi shaans, join the club. The only thing to do until someone from Motorola/Lenovo comes up with a solution is to back up everything and either not use the sd card as internal storage or shrug your shoulders and keep buying new SD cards or reformatting the old ones. Advice from other threads and forums  is that there are problems rolling back to lollipop so unless you are a very tec savvy person that's not really an option either. So we wait and hope that a solution will be found maybe with an update to Marshmallow. Otherwise a really good phone is now a rather indifferent one. Add to that the decommissioning of GSM/2G in Australia and a number of other countries means that the dual SIM capability is going to become almost useless. (It's why I bought the phone in the first place) It is all really sad. :-(

Hey Gilsworth, thanks for the support. The silver lining for me is that at least I'm not alone in this boat. I wonder if the folks running custom ROMs are also facing similar issues, or if this is limited to those using the stock Marshmallow ROM. I started using Android, when we were still on Donut, and for the first time in almost 6 years, I don't want to move to a custom ROM, unless I absolutely have to; so its goodbye expanded internal storage for now. I'm going to head over to Amazon and buy my 3rd SD card in 4 months Smiley Sad I really hope that Motorola/Lenovo get their act together and fix this with an update.

km9172
Paper Tape
Views: 10,825
Message 19 of 144

I've been using the 32GB SanDisk UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) & Class 10 SD card on my 16GB G3.  Actually, I've tried three different SD Cards (same brand/model), and they all had problems ejecting themselves occasionally.  (one of them, I think, became corrupted with "bad sectors").  I've only ever used external storage.

I think I'm going to try a 16GB class 4 card, since I just use it for media storage.  I wonder if it's the size OR the speed that's the issue.  This should cover both.  I'm going to order it on Amazon now.

I'll try to remember to post an update.  Smiley Happy

km9172
Paper Tape
Views: 10,803
Message 20 of 144

So I tried pulling the data off my SD card.  I can't pull some files because some locations are unreadable.  These are files that have been newly written.

This is the THIRD card that has had unreadable locations (after being written to) by this phone.  This particular card I did a full format on my PC two months ago to make sure there were no bad locations.

I'm suspecting that the phone is actually damaging the SD cards.

Top Kudoed Authors