Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
derekmski
Serial Port
Views: 280
Message 1 of 9

Screen not responsive and slow

Along with the wifi not working, and front speaker not having sound out of it a lot of the times I have also noticed that the screen is extremely unresponsive most of the time.  I will have to press the screen several times to get it to press on an app, keyboard, or anything I have to tap on.  I find myself having to press buttons or an app icon 3-5 times before it registers and works.  This is also noticeable when I am swiping messages on both google keyboard and swype keyboards the trail where my finger is sliding is no where near what it should be so therefore my texting is extremely inaccurate and I'm constantly having to retype stuff.  This phone has so many problems, it's clear why it's such a cheap phone, might be returning if the replacement phone they're sending me doesn't fix all these problems.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 2 of 9

Re: Screen not responsive and slow

I see that you set up an exchange for this device.  I am sending you PM with additional information. 

derekmski
Serial Port
Message 3 of 9

I have but I am cancelling that and just returning the device.  I am not happy with the quality of the product and will be going something else.  Motorola dropped the ball on the 3rd gen Moto G. Especially with no notification light.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 9

derekmski said:

I have but I am cancelling that and just returning the device.  I am not happy with the quality of the product and will be going something else.  Motorola dropped the ball on the 3rd gen Moto G. Especially with no notification light.

View original

They have not had a notification light in many of the their latest phones nor on the Nexus 6 - 

I am not sure what other quality issues you had, but everyone I know with the phone raves about the quality they are getting for the price. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
derekmski
Serial Port
Message 5 of 9

Well I guess these people either haven't had a premium phone before, or got lucky and have a good working one.  You can have my Moto G and see if you still have the same thought about it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 9

derekmski said:

Well I guess these people either haven't had a premium phone before, or got lucky and have a good working one.  You can have my Moto G and see if you still have the same thought about it.

View original

There are bad phones - it happens with every brand. You chose not to get a replacement. Also, did you try a reset or safe mode? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
derekmski
Serial Port
Message 7 of 9

Yep it is my choice to cancel my replacement, I tried all that stuff with Level 3 support, including full hard resets with no restores, meaning setup from scratch with no settings or apps restored and it has all the same issues.  Bottom line I got a bad phone, that's all there is to it.  I'm just letting everyone know the possible issues with the device so they know they're not the only ones.  Also Motorola is also having me send my moto g to the engineers so they can examine what went wrong with it, if it's an issue in the manufacturing process, etc etc.  I understand there are bad phones and electronics more than anyone because I always seem to get the bad ones.  I'm just informing everyone the issues I have seen with this phone like I said in case anyone else runs into issues they know they're not the only ones.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Message 8 of 9

Email was sent.  Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 9 of 9

Sounds like the OP got a lemon.  In mass manufacturing, there will always be a small percentage of items that don't meet spec and sneak past QC.  In my opinion, it is how the company deals with failures that matters most.

I think Moto responded accordingly by first troubleshooting and then offering to swap out the device.  

It is unfortunate that they got what appears to be a lemon since the G3 seems to be the darling of the phone press--it has been praised repeatedly for quality, affordability, and value.  I hope the OP is able to find another budget phone that meets their expectations better.  

Comment in the spirit of COMMUNITY: "Share experiences / expertise, engage in the discussions, and offer advice and suggestions."