Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 6 (2,133 Views)

Screen won't turn on while unlocking (Moto G Turbo)

I've a very strange issue with my Moto G Turbo since last night!

Issue: When I try to unlock the phone (by pressing the Power button), the screen won't wake up. 

Model: XT1557

Android version: 6.0.1

Android security patch level: 1 March 2016

Initially I thought the phone unexpectedly turns off, but that's not the case. The phone heats up very bad after sometime.

I did a double chop to turn on the flashlight and it turned the flashlight on! I twisted the phone twice to turn on the camera and I got haptic feedback. It is only the screen that doesn't turn on. 

Furthermore, if I continue to hold the power button for a long time, the phone restarts and functions normally until I lock the device to kick it back into the same mode. 

My wild guess was that some application update might have messed things up, so, I switched to safe mode but still had the same issue. Then, I did a factory reset (manually) by going into Recovery and wiped it from there. No help either!

I didn't another factory reset from the Settings menu. Still no luck! 

I tried searching the forums (this one, XDA) and nobody seems to have this issue. 

Anyone has a clue what's going on? 

Let me know if I missed any details.

Thanks for your help!

Senior MotoAgent
Message 2 of 6 (2,100 Views)

Re: Screen won't turn on while unlocking (Moto G Turbo)

shbz_khan wrote:

I've a very strange issue with my Moto G Turbo since last night!

Issue: When I try to unlock the phone (by pressing the Power button), the screen won't wake up. 

Model: XT1557

Android version: 6.0.1

Android security patch level: 1 March 2016

Initially I thought the phone unexpectedly turns off, but that's not the case. The phone heats up very bad after sometime.

I did a double chop to turn on the flashlight and it turned the flashlight on! I twisted the phone twice to turn on the camera and I got haptic feedback. It is only the screen that doesn't turn on. 

Furthermore, if I continue to hold the power button for a long time, the phone restarts and functions normally until I lock the device to kick it back into the same mode. 

My wild guess was that some application update might have messed things up, so, I switched to safe mode but still had the same issue. Then, I did a factory reset (manually) by going into Recovery and wiped it from there. No help either!

I didn't another factory reset from the Settings menu. Still no luck! 

I tried searching the forums (this one, XDA) and nobody seems to have this issue. 

Anyone has a clue what's going on? 

Let me know if I missed any details.

Thanks for your help!

Hi shbz_khan,

Please take a moment to update your forum profile with the current IMEI or SN from your device. Make sure that Motorola Privacy through Settings should be enabled. 

Need help updating your profile? See here.https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 6 (2,035 Views)

Hi Jess, 

Thanks for your reply!

I've updated the required information in my profile. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Senior MotoAgent
Message 4 of 6 (2,023 Views)

shbz_khan wrote:

Hi Jess, 

Thanks for your reply!

I've updated the required information in my profile. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Thanks!

Hi shbz_khan,

If a simple power cycle didn't work, I would suggest putting it in safe mode first and see if that would help identify if third party app is causing the problem.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 6 (1,960 Views)

Hi Jess,

In my original post, I don't know if you noticed but I've mentioned that I tried Safe Mode with no luck. Any other suggestions? 

Thanks!

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 6 (1,379 Views)

Pls give me answer my mobile moto g4 plus is not working in 2g network airtel please tell me how to re set

Top Kudoed Authors