Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SumitG3
What's DOS?
Views: 1,105
Message 1 of 4

Serious Problem with MOTO G 3 post marshmallow

My Moto G3 offered to upgrade to Marshmallow (Android v. 6.0) the other day. I did it.

After update  have been suffering multiple problems since. I want to note that before the upgrade phone worked perfectly in every way and I was extremely happy.

1. Contact list completely diappeared . When i am pressing contact button it contineously showing "Contact list is being updated " only .

2 .Caller names do not appear when they call me even though they are in my Contacts and used to appear before the upgrade.

3. Incoming SMS are not coming to my device . When replace the sim to other device i am getting messages however if sim is placed again in G3 than no message is coming. Old messages are appearing without the person's name even though they are in my Contacts and used to appear before the upgrade.

4. When i am trying to forward any text message it is showing "Building Slideshow"  . Pls note that these are normal text messages and not MMS.

5. Calling list is not coming and i cannot see any incoming , missed or outgoing calls .

I would be most grateful if someone can suggest solutions to these issues. I would be even more grateful if someone could point me in the right direction to reset/reinstall my phone to Lollipop with which I was very happy.

Satyam3
What's DOS?
Message 2 of 4

Re: Serious Problem with MOTO G 3 post marshmallow

Hi,

Well, I have also updated to marshmallow but did not get the problems you described. I suggest to reset the device, I had another issue with SD card in which older folders and files were not appearing while connected to PC, so I reset the device and format the SD card, then added the folders and everything works fine..

Maybe resetting the device will help you in this regard.

-Satyam   

Hoshang
WWAN
Message 3 of 4

DO FACTORY RESET once to solve all issues and have hassle free experience.

Hoshang
Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 732
Message 4 of 4

@SumitG3. Yikes, that's a lot of issues you're experiencing. I think @Hoshang is correct and I would also recommend a factory data reset. Let us know the results.

-Tom 

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943