cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FailTrip
What's DOS?
Views: 1,015
Message 1 of 2

Set Up MicroSD Card as Internal - Can I Switch it back to Portable?

Hello!

In order to create space on my phone and download more apps, I formatted my Micro SD Card so that it works as Internal Storage. This worked really well, for a bit, however I soon realised that any app placed on the Micro SD Card was running rather slow! After a bit more research I realised that this was because my MicroSD Card is too slow - only a 'Class 10' when it should ideally be a UHS Speed Class 1, or 3.

My question, therefore, is whether it is possible to format the Micro SD Card back to 'Portable Storage', and then use it on other phones/tablets, while my Amazon order arrives for a UHS Speed Class 1 MicroSD Card?

My phone specs are, a Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen - 2015), 8GB Memory running Android Marshmallow on the EE (UK) network.

Many thanks!
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 978
Message 2 of 2

Re: Set Up MicroSD Card as Internal - Can I Switch it back to Portable?

@FailTrip wrote:
Hello!

In order to create space on my phone and download more apps, I formatted my Micro SD Card so that it works as Internal Storage. This worked really well, for a bit, however I soon realised that any app placed on the Micro SD Card was running rather slow! After a bit more research I realised that this was because my MicroSD Card is too slow - only a 'Class 10' when it should ideally be a UHS Speed Class 1, or 3.

My question, therefore, is whether it is possible to format the Micro SD Card back to 'Portable Storage', and then use it on other phones/tablets, while my Amazon order arrives for a UHS Speed Class 1 MicroSD Card?

My phone specs are, a Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen - 2015), 8GB Memory running Android Marshmallow on the EE (UK) network.

Many thanks!

Yes, you can reformat in the phone as portable and it will work in any device.  Remember to migrate data off this card first, or it will be lost when formatted.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum