Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pomato
Paper Tape
Views: 511
Message 1 of 5

System update that looks fishy.

So, A few days ago i got a message saying i had a system update. this is the first system update i've had to install. The version name looked a little bit suspicious, so i google searched it and saw a thread named "Moto g 2nd XT1072 update 24.201.5.en.EU you do not install!!!". In the thread the poster said that he got an error when installing the update. Should i be worried? I hope someone can help meSmiley Happy 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 493
Message 2 of 5

Re: System update that looks fishy.

@pomato wrote:

So, A few days ago i got a message saying i had a system update. this is the first system update i've had to install. The version name looked a little bit suspicious, so i google searched it and saw a thread named "Moto g 2nd XT1072 update 24.201.5.en.EU you do not install!!!". In the thread the poster said that he got an error when installing the update. Should i be worried? I hope someone can help meSmiley Happy 

One user reported an issue some time ago. 

What makes you think this is fishy? this is how all android system updates tend to look. Just trying to understand what makes you suspicious about the version name?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 482
Message 3 of 5

@pomato wrote:

Hi pomato,

This is how android update looks like. Whenever another user has an error while installing the update, that doesn't mean you'll have the same error/experience too. There are some factors or situations why that user got an error. Don't have to worry, dear.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

pomato
Paper Tape
Views: 480
Message 4 of 5

Mainly because all the text was in german and i have it set to english. But i guess was being kinda too precautious. Anyway thanks for the help.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 474
Message 5 of 5

@pomato wrote:

Mainly because all the text was in german and i have it set to english. But i guess was being kinda too precautious. Anyway thanks for the help.

Hi @pomato,

No worries, you're always welcome.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support