Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Message 121 of 210 (1,285 Views)

Re: Touch detection problems (phantom touch / ghost touch)

It's a wonderful world.

Here we are after months of living with a Motorola product that is virtually impossible for many people to use and out of the blue...

Motorola is offering the latest version of the same device and they are direct marketing to the same folks who own the G3.

One would think that if the new version actually works, they would offer it as an exchange to the hordes of unhappy users. 

In the interim, not a word from them. I do believe that for me the world has changed so much that I no longer recognize it.

What ever happened to integrity?

Fanfold Paper
Message 122 of 210 (1,262 Views)

I'm voting with my feet. I won't buy another Motorola phone. And my family and I have had 5 different Moto Gs over the last few years. My next device will be a Nexus.

Burris357 wrote:

It's a wonderful world.

Here we are after months of living with a Motorola product that is virtually impossible for many people to use and out of the blue...

Motorola is offering the latest version of the same device and they are direct marketing to the same folks who own the G3.

One would think that if the new version actually works, they would offer it as an exchange to the hordes of unhappy users. 

In the interim, not a word from them. I do believe that for me the world has changed so much that I no longer recognize it.

What ever happened to integrity?

Paper Tape
Message 123 of 210 (1,086 Views)

I'm another costumer facing this ghosts issues.
Maybe i go back phone i cant use it.

No answer from Motorola, why?
Fanfold Paper
Message 124 of 210 (1,071 Views)

I returned the phone to Amazon and they refunded me. End of the story. Goodbye Lenovo

Fanfold Paper
Message 125 of 210 (1,062 Views)

Same here! Amazon have been great to deal with and I've moved on to another phone (with a working touch screen!)

Paper Tape
Message 126 of 210 (1,054 Views)

I returned my phone with amazon and got an identical replacement. This time I didn't upgrade to Marshmallow and it works perfectly. But this issue is really stupid, it would be enough to let people downgrade to Lollipop to end the whole problem, why don't they do it??

Paper Tape
Message 127 of 210 (975 Views)

today i talked with support italian chat motorola and said that they know that some user have problem but that their the technicians were unable to reproduce so only to ship phone at customer service.
Sry but now go in amazon and choose other phone .

(sry english)
Bye Lenovo
Paper Tape
Message 128 of 210 (733 Views)

This was what helped me, (Bootloader unlocked) I flashed the firmware image for Turbo Edition Moto G XT1556
[6.0]

Retail Mexico | Brazil | Latin America - XT1556_MERLIN_RETAIL_6.0_MPD24.65-22_cid50

in this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/2015-moto-g/general/index-moto-g-factory-firmware-images-t3169639

In my case I'm from Mexico, I guess for those who are in Asia you can try flash version for XT1557 making sure that it is the old version, which ends at 22 and not ending in 33, as I say this is what worked for me and completely solved the problem with the touch screen

Serial Port
Message 129 of 210 (716 Views)

For All those having Moto G3 with Ghost Touch Issues, Please do Factory Reset to Your Phone either Once or twice, after upgrading to MM 6.0.1, Saving All Your Personal Data either in PC or SD Card. It will be Solved, its a Personal Experience.

Fanfold Paper
Message 130 of 210 (715 Views)

And here what gave me back a much more useable mobile:

1-unlock the bootloader

2-install cyannogenmod 13 and gapps

Here what I got:

1- Touch problems gone

2- Faster os

3- no more Motorola bloatware apps

4- more free space

5- a voided warranty but why would I need a warranty on a broken device if voiding it fixes the issues?

Good luck guys

Top kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count