cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mulder86
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,397
Message 11 of 210

Re: Touch detection problems (phantom touch / ghost touch)

But even without the "unwanted link click" bug, the touch screen does seem to be less responsive than samsung and nokia phones i have previously used.

I advise people suffering from the "unwanted link click bug" to just have patience and wait a few weeks. Likely it will resolve by itself...
Burris357
Punch Card
Views: 9,390
Message 12 of 210

Hmm...I've been waiting since Oct, I think..
colin_b
Paper Tape
Views: 9,363
Message 13 of 210

I'm having this problem with the phantom touches as well, on a newly bought phone. Not sure if it was Marshmallow that started it as I upgraded as soon as I got it.

Anyway I think I've found a cure for mine. I've been using mine with a Snakehive leather flip case and I've been tending to hold it by the case with my left hand and operate the phone with my right. ( I have small hands so I always use my phone two handed). I've discovered though if I fold the cover right back, or take the phone out of its case, and hold it in the palm of my hand, the problem largely goes away. If I hadn't been using it in the case I probably wouldn't have noticed it. It also seems Ok while it is plugged into the charger.

It still definitely doesn't seem right, but at least I think I can live with mine now, and perhaps this will help someone else.

blkid
Punch Card
Views: 9,341
Message 14 of 210

Hi to all,

i'm new of the forum and i want to report my experience. On XDA Forum an user has posted this video, : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hMp9vb2WUI, that shows problems in MM with multi touch.

I have exactly the same problem and seems related to finger size. Using 2 inch the problem is very serious, using the indices, the problem almost disappears, but is still present.

About the ghost touches, seems that the touchscreen is "software" managed (like a 3d render made by the cpu instead of gpu), and it seems that with the cpu under stress the problem worsens, and probably this is why it does not always happen.
I made another test: by enabling developer option and activating the cursor position option (i don't know if is the exact english name, i'm italian), with 3 touch have a huge lag, with 4 is impossible to draw cursor positions. About this test i don't know if is a problem of touch or is a problem of android developers tools. Is necessary to check with another android 6 smartphone.

In any case with MM the problem has worsened. Often a scroll is mistaken for a touch, and i find myself with link opened for error if I'm browsing with Chrome, or click on settings for some applications (for example in the game "the simpson's" the problem makes really nervous because it happens very often that a scroll is exchanged for a touches).

Please motorola fix this problems on touch!

imp_it
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,190
Message 15 of 210

Hello.

Same problem here with 2/16 gb XT1541

I made a video here: https://youtu.be/J1SyDbha8AM

It seems that moto laying on a surface such as a desk/a cloth/etc the problem happens and worsened. It loose fingers tracing when two fingers have same Y coordinate.
Instead, in the second part of the video, when i take it on the hands the problem disappear. but remain  low, POOR,  sensivity on touch and it interpretate randomnly a scroll as a tap. Touchscreen is very poor and it isn't comparable with the ones from other competitors.

It is very annoying and I DO NOT USE any case or screen protector. I'm valuating a full refund by amazon, my vendor.

We are waiting for an official by Lenovo due to this big issue.

Burris357
Punch Card
Views: 9,169
Message 16 of 210

Please, moderators, ask Motorola/Lenovo to fix this problem. Since you are the only path to them, we are at your mercy to try to make them aware that this problem really exists.
I would have thought by now that some interest would have been generated but after all this time not to hear one word from the powers that be is really sad.
If they could at least tell me, and I'm sure some of the others that there is no fix and it is what it is, I could finish my plans to replace my G3s. I really like them and can live with other quirks, but this screen touch problem is so severe that it makes using them impossible. Besides that scrolling opens apps along the way, the really major problem is having the phone dial numbers in my phone directory while scrolling through them and having to explain to those whose numbers ring and call me back...asking why I can't get a real cellphone.
This is not the Motorola I knew for umpteen years.
imp_it
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,111
Message 17 of 210

For those who have touchscreen problems it seems that putting an aluminium foil between original back-cover and the back of the phone the problem disappear (do a test with multitouch tester and magically all disappear!).

I think it is due to a bad grounded circuit or battery that create residual and surface charges that interfere with the correct functionality of touchscreen.

There are below few photos of the solution.... That also may modify SAR rating, may modify reception and subsequently the battery life.

I'm disappointed and I don't know how this phone has passed quality controls, and also safety controls cause it is absolutely NOT safe! And I'm also disappointed by the conduct of Lenovo that do not make an official!

Here some shoots of the ''''''''''solution'''''''''''''

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jemv0yqjf9m25vm/IMG_20160319_154102989.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc2pgzrc2lcdnf8/IMG_20160319_154042223.jpg?dl=0

Burris357
Punch Card
Views: 9,096
Message 18 of 210

@imp_it wrote:

For those who have touchscreen problems it seems that putting an aluminium foil between original back-cover and the back of the phone the problem disappear (do a test with multitouch tester and magically all disappear!).

I think it is due to a bad grounded circuit or battery that create residual and surface charges that interfere with the correct functionality of touchscreen.

There are below few photos of the solution.... That also may modify SAR rating, may modify reception and subsequently the battery life.

I'm disappointed and I don't know how this phone has passed quality controls, and also safety controls cause it is absolutely NOT sure! And I'm also disappointed by the conduct of Lenovo that do not make an official!

Here some shoots of the ''''''''''solution'''''''''''''

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jemv0yqjf9m25vm/IMG_20160319_154102989.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc2pgzrc2lcdnf8/IMG_20160319_154042223.jpg?dl=0

The only use I have for aluminum foil is to wrap leftover food to put in the refrigerator.

I appreciate the info you put forth, but as you say, it is a pity and Lenovo should be ashamed of themselves about how they are handling this major issue. Not a word from them. They simply let their forum moderators bear the brunt of the paying customers pounding away.

blkid
Punch Card
Views: 9,061
Message 19 of 210

I did another test, also done by IMP_IT. With the phone on charge, the problems disappear totally. With an app that draw also the straight lines of the coordinates (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=multitouchpro.tests), i was able to perfectly superimpose the straight horizontally and the 2 touch were perfectly recognized. Just disconnected the charger, the problem has come back! At this point i think it's an HW problems due to static currents, that with the phone "isolated", causing problems. I doubt that via SW is possibile to solve something. We hope that sooner or later Motorola declares something about it!

blkid
Punch Card
Views: 9,013
Message 20 of 210

I accidentally discovered that the problem goes away also if i connect the headphones and I wear headphones. If i disconnect the jack, or i remove the headphones from my ears and i don't touch them, the problem come back!