Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colin_b
Paper Tape
Views: 2,936
Message 201 of 210

Re: Moto G 3 rd Generation ghost touch problem

Well, I sent my phone in for repair to the UK repair centre. I received it back in just over a week with a letter saying they'd identified and fixed the fault. Looks like they replaced the screen as it still had the protective cover on it. Anyway I'm pleased to say the ghost touches have completely gone now, so that has somewhat restored my faith in Motorola. So anyone else still having this problem send it in for repair and they will fix it.

bucko
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,824
Message 202 of 210

Re: Touch detection problems (phantom touch / ghost touch)

I'm having this issue too - I had a brand new Moto G3 delivered from Amazon under a week ago and this is driving me bonkers!

Motorola eventually replied to my email and told me to send it to Anovo for repair!  It's a brand new phone with a known defect so it's gone back to Amazon for replacement, and if that also suffers from the same issue it'll go back too until I get one that works.

I'm really hacked-off with this - I've been looking for a decent Android phone, decently priced with a good battery life for probably the best part of a year or more, and thought I'd finally found one :-( 

Hopefully the next one will be ok <fingers crossed> but these shouldn't be on sale as the problem is widely know about,

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,818
Message 203 of 210

@bucko wrote:

I'm having this issue too - I had a brand new Moto G3 delivered from Amazon under a week ago and this is driving me bonkers!

Motorola eventually replied to my email and told me to send it to Anovo for repair!  It's a brand new phone with a known defect so it's gone back to Amazon for replacement, and if that also suffers from the same issue it'll go back too until I get one that works.

I'm really hacked-off with this - I've been looking for a decent Android phone, decently priced with a good battery life for probably the best part of a year or more, and thought I'd finally found one :-( 

Hopefully the next one will be ok <fingers crossed> but these shouldn't be on sale as the problem is widely know about,

I don't know who is actually selling the phone on amazon - could be a vendor with old stock. 

Only a small percentage had a problem, and those are covered. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
bucko
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,810
Message 204 of 210

It's Amazon themselves that are selling them - "Dispatched from and sold by Amazon".

noelphobic
SCSI Port
Views: 2,043
Message 205 of 210

Re: Moto G 3 rd Generation ghost touch problem

Mine has been in once for 'repair' but it was no better. It's gone back again today. They've said they will only replace it if a second repair fails. Not happy and not confident it will be resolved.

Psk2
What's DOS?
Views: 1,831
Message 206 of 210

I purchased a Moto G 3rd gen for Christmas. It has touchscreen problems straight out of the box.

Stopping a scroll in any menu results in a false tap. Typing is almost impossible - occasionally resulting in a stream of letters without touching the screen. I am not very experienced with smartphones and only type with one finger.

I thought that the problem was my fault at first before reading this forum. Presumably I have purchased old stock. I purchased the phone from Amazon and will be returning it.

rex83
Paper Tape
Views: 1,554
Message 207 of 210

tired of the continuing problems of ghost touch my moto g 2015 1/8GB I sent for assistance where they claimed to have replaced the front touch + updated software + test. Honestly known only small improvements than before, as noted by test app MultiTouch Visualizer 2 and MultiTouch Test the multiple touches detection problem still exists in the display.

I am attaching adb answer:

adb shell cat /sys/devices/virtual/graphics/fb0/panel_supplier  

inx

adb shell cat /sys/bus/i2c/devices/2-0020/ic_ver

Product ID: s2726br_t
Build ID: 225ad4
Config ID: 1601230

adb shell ls -l /system/etc/firmware/synaptics*

-rw-r--r-- root root 63232 2009-01-01 07:00 synaptics-boe-s2726-16020901-225ad4-osprey.tdat
-rw-r--r-- root root 63232 2009-01-01 07:00 synaptics-inx-s2726br_t-16012301-225ad4-osprey.tdat

I would like to know from those who were sent to support the phone what they receive in response from ADB and what support informed him that he had made. Thank you.

G-Men
Paper Tape
Views: 786
Message 208 of 210

My Moto G4 (XT-1622) only had this ghost touch problem when I tried to use it during charging, but after resetting the phone (I bought a G5-plus for myself and my previous phone went to my wife) it is hard - nearly impossible - to work with it because of the gost touches.. (Unlocking the screen takes a couple of time, to draw the right figure, when taking a photo, most of the time you will take five or more, 2 out of 3 messages are sent with a lot of nonsense, ...)

Is there anything we can do about it?

vellotus
What's DOS?
Views: 509
Message 209 of 210

Hi, I'm using moto g4 and facing the same problem for almost all the time I tried use the phone. Is there any fix for this or just need to throu the phone into garbage?

Hurt
Punch Card
Views: 504
Message 210 of 210

Nobody seems to care, and besides request to send the phone for repair and get it back with the same issue nothing ever happened. It was my first and last Motorola device.