cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G3ORGE
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,471
Message 21 of 210

Re: Touch detection problems (phantom touch / ghost touch)

OK, so there is definitely a problem.

What is Motorola doing about it?

imp_it
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,462
Message 22 of 210

Lenovo is sleeping.
Good night motolola
Burris357
Punch Card
Views: 2,357
Message 23 of 210

Doesn't appear that Motorola even cares.

On the XDA forum, there are hundreds of posts about the touch sensitivity, Can all the users be wrong?

Really strange for Moto not to have responded by saying they are working on a solution or?

Don't they have an executive who cares, or is business that good that they don't have to care?

Instead, the moderators are offering scripted answers about rebooting in safe mode, etc.

Sad....

rec71
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,350
Message 24 of 210

Just want to reiterate that downgrading to Lollipop fixed my awful phantom touch issue. This is a software problem and Lenovo need to fix it. I had to unlock my bootloader to downgrade which is unacceptable as it means my guarantee is now void. Never again.
imp_it
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,344
Message 25 of 210

blkid and me contacted Motorola IT by email and they say us to explain the problem in detail giving them IMEI code since they are investigating if this is SW problem or HW (so they can identify what production lot is bugged)

Contact Motorola/lenovo by chat/email and WRITE in detail what happens at your phone and ASK them why almost all moto g from all WWW have this problem.

Put pressure on an answer and hope they will write soon an official.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,331
Message 26 of 210

This is a user to user forum - and so far, the number of users complaining about this issue - is the few in this thread. 

Because none of us moderators have a phone with this problem, there is not much else we can do but suggest safe mode, reset, or service. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
blkid
Punch Card
Views: 2,319
Message 27 of 210

I already tried an hard reset. Nothing is changed. For me the problem is HW, worsened with MM. Probably there is a production lot that is flawed.
Otherwise, it not explains why, introducing a component that changes the mass of the device (battery charger, headphones), the problem disappears totally.
Burris357
Punch Card
Views: 2,305
Message 28 of 210

@AlphaDog wrote:

This is a user to user forum - and so far, the number of users complaining about this issue - is the few in this thread. 

Because none of us moderators have a phone with this problem, there is not much else we can do but suggest safe mode, reset, or service. 

Guys...

I am not faulting you and I understand your position.

The only reason I am in this particular forum is because I was involved in the soak test. I see that the users who are involved in this issue are few and far between and not a lot of viewers.  As is true of forums I have been involved in over the last 25+ years, not everyone complains, contributes or views. Not everyone is aware of the functions of the phone or device they own and many don't care, unless the phone dies of course.

I read all the other related forums and this problem you say the few of us are complaining about get lots of action in other forums such as XDA for example.

The big mystery is why, since this problem is posted all over, that Motorola won't come to the table and give us a clue about what they are doing or proposing to do.

Hard to believe that the engineers who designed this excellent device, whether they reside here or in China, won't surface and open a dialogue about what could be the problem.

In the world of mercantile and commerce, even if this problem is solved, a bad taste is left for those who either own the product or may be looking to buy one.

Marsmellow
What's DOS?
Views: 2,249
Message 29 of 210

I check this forum a couple of times a week to look for a fix for this. I just thought it was a given that this was a known software bug. Problems started when I upgraded to 6.0. Lollipop had no problems.

Thank you for a great phone. Have a nice day.
Hurt
Punch Card
Views: 2,227
Message 30 of 210

I have exactly the same issue but didn't see this thread before (I opened another thread here ... https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-3rd-Gen/Weird-touchscreen-behavior-since-Marshmallow-update/td-p... ).

Issue wasn't there before marshmallow upgrade and it's instantly gone when I connect the phone for charging (and comes back after some seconds after I disconnect the cable).