Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 34,518
Message 11 of 29

Re: Unable to transfer apps to SD card since upgrading to Android 6

If you format the SD card as portable then answer is NO. If you reformat it as Internal then answer is YES.
With Love,
Bubai
AndrewZ
Paper Tape
Views: 34,512
Message 12 of 29

It's worth reading the advice here, particularly the points related to potential drawbacks of adopting SD cards. 

http://www.androidcentral.com/inside-marshmallow-adoptable-storage

The points about potential reductions in speed and the implications of failure of an adopted card seem are a concern.

I haven't been able to find out whether there's a limit on the size of card that can be adopted. My Moto G 3rd Gen works well with a non-adopted 64GB card, I don't want to adopt the card until 

AndrewZ
Paper Tape
Views: 34,480
Message 13 of 29

Note that I've also heard, via a question at amazon.co.uk, from a Moto G 3rd Gen user who was unable to adopt a 64GB SD card which suggests adoption is only possible for 32GB cards or smaller. See this http://goo.gl/XHrvN9
Doxaliber
What's DOS?
Views: 34,443
Message 14 of 29

I have enormous problems with microsd used as internal storage.

The apps installed on SD disappear randomly, the SD card itself sometimes disappear and I must reboot, the phone hang-up. This is a big big issue for me and for the very first time I'm thinking to change my moto G. I need more space than the 8gb I have as internal storage, but while before the upgrade a was able to move apps to external microsd now to do so I must format the card as internal, but the feature is broken or my phone is broken.

I have tried to different microsd card, a Kingston and a Samsung evo +, both 32gb, it was a disaster.
Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 34,441
Message 15 of 29

@Doxaliber wrote:
I have enormous problems with microsd used as internal storage.

The apps installed on SD disappear randomly, the SD card itself sometimes disappear and I must reboot, the phone hang-up. This is a big big issue for me and for the very first time I'm thinking to change my moto G. I need more space than the 8gb I have as internal storage, but while before the upgrade a was able to move apps to external microsd now to do so I must format the card as internal, but the feature is broken or my phone is broken.

I have tried to different microsd card, a Kingston and a Samsung evo +, both 32gb, it was a disaster.

I have also faced this issue. And I found the reason that it was due to unexpected removal of sd card from the phone for some reason I can't remember now. While using a sd card as internal, someone shouldn't remove the sd card. One formatted as internal the sd card should not be removed ever. So I will suggest you to reformat your sd card as internal and then not to remove sd card ever. By the way what class sd card are you using?

With Love,
Bubai
Doxaliber
What's DOS?
Views: 34,434
Message 16 of 29

I have never removed the SD cards from the phone after formatting.

I've tried a Kingston SDCA3/32gb and a Samsung evo+/32gb, they are bot SD HC I, class 10
Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 34,427
Message 17 of 29

Then I think there is something wrong which is causing these. Have you checked in safe mode?

With Love,
Bubai
Doxaliber
What's DOS?
Views: 34,424
Message 18 of 29

Which kind of check should I do?
Bubai2013
802.11n
Views: 34,420
Message 19 of 29

Check if the phone acting same as you mentioned earlier.

With Love,
Bubai
ABuising
Fanfold Paper
Views: 34,039
Message 20 of 29

How To Move Apps To The SD Card in Android 6.0 Marshmallow
http://droidlessons.com/how-to-move-apps-to-the-sd-card-in-android-6-0-marshmallow/

Top Kudoed Authors