Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABuising
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,789
Message 21 of 29

Re: Unable to transfer apps to SD card since upgrading to Android 6

To move an app to your SD card, just go to Settings

Then, pick “Apps”, which will show you a list of all installed apps on your device

Tap the app you wish to move to the SD card, and you will see this screen

From there, tap on the “Storage” option
Tap "Change", a little pop up will appear to let you pick, If you choose to move it to another location, a window will show up to assist you

Just tap the button to advance, and soon your app will be transferred over to the SD card

skittlesthedog
What's DOS?
Views: 6,674
Message 22 of 29

I have this problem as well. I am using a Samsung Class 3 32 GB SD card. I followed the instructions from this link:

http://droidlessons.com/how-to-move-apps-to-the-sd-card-in-android-6-0-marshmallow/

but the CHANGE option to move an app to the SD card simply does not appear on my phone. I have also tried following the guide here:

http://www.androidbeat.com/2015/08/move-apps-sd-card-moto-g-2015/

and I've tried the Motorola user guide as well, but the options to move apps to the SD card as described in all these guides simply do not appear in any of the places they are supposed to.

The SD card does show up under the Storage & USB tab, and that screen shows a total of 37.33 GB of storage - I just can't get any apps on to the SD card. 

This is making me nuts and I would really appreciate any insight anyone might have. 

BristolTechno
What's DOS?
Views: 6,649
Message 23 of 29

I'm in a real pickle with this too. I've formatted the SD card as an internal memory card and moved the apps over. However I was then unable to to move any music from my PC onto my SD card which is one of the most important aspects for my phone. So I've switched it back to an external SD card but now of course I don't have a enough room for the various apps I use. Any ideas on what I might be doing wrong or ways around this issue?

jatipton
Paper Tape
Views: 5,724
Message 24 of 29

"but the CHANGE option to move an app to the SD card simply does not appear on my phone."

This too describes my problem.  I have several dozen apps.  After the marshmallow upgrade only 6 of my apps have the CHANGE button (see attachment) allowing me to move the app to the SD card.

If anyone knows the answer to that, please reply.

kainila
Paper Tape
Views: 5,285
Message 25 of 29

This just doesn't work on MotoG 3rd gen. There will be no option
"Which will take you to the screen above, where you can change which type of storage the app should be using by tapping the “Change” button. Once you do, a little pop up will appear to let you pick" etc.
It just wont allow such operation.
Staffwriter
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,800
Message 26 of 29

Of course you meant to say "Format as internal," right? Since that was the how-to question you were addressing. Right? 

JustinStuff
Paper Tape
Views: 61
Message 27 of 29

re. "As Internal Storage-"

This is TOTALLY INCORRECT information!

Since Android 6.0 you can NOT move ANY apps to an "added" MicroSD card whether formatted as continued Internal storage and New Installation will NOT install there EITHER!

Motorola (lame Lenovo) and Google have "Hosed" Us owners of Moto G's (any version) and they should be SUED as they have broken the implied contract as their specification SAYS Apps CAN BE moved to an installed SD Card!  If you own a 8BG or even 16GB model of a Moto G, please consider a Class Action Lawsuit, contac a CAL Lawyer in your area. Motorola / Lenovo / Google NEEDS TO FIX THIS NOW!

choas
Fanfold Paper
Views: 22
Message 28 of 29

You may try Android assistant program,such as Mobikin.It can help you transfer app from device to sd card easily.Google can find it.

JustinStuff
Paper Tape
Views: 11
Message 29 of 29

NO YOU CAN'T!!  You have no idea what you are talking about either!

Moving of APPS, which is the point of using less of the internal small SD Storage, is PROHIBITED by the version of Android LENOVO Motorola chose to distribute as updates from Android 6.0 and above!

NO, NONE, NADA app is allowed to "Move Apps" to the external MicroSD Card, EVEN IF IT'S FORMATED by the phone to be an extension of the internal Memory!! I have tried numerous ones and even Motorola admits this is the situation!

Again, you don't know what the h3ll you're talking about.G3, G4, G5 8GB models near useless because you are strangled with only being able to install a few Apps and totally unable to take pictures or video because there is not enough Memory available!  Lenovo should be SUED in a Class Action Lawsuit for Misrepresention of these G model phones!!

Top Kudoed Authors