Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steffen196718
Paper Tape
Views: 203
Message 31 of 33

Re: Unable to transfer apps to SD card since upgrading to Android 6

I have a Motorola Moto G3 purchased in August 2017 with Android 6.0.1 installed since I purchased it. So yes, there is a 6.0.1 version vor the Moto G3.

The function to move apps is there, though only for some Apps. As you can see on my previous post attachment I have 518 MB apps on the SD card. I wish I could move more as I have only about 1GB free on the internal storage. However, without the ability to move apps to the SD card the internal storage would be full now.

JustinStuff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 195
Message 32 of 33

Well we have 2  Moto G3's we bought late last year (2018), one was brand new in the box from a Motorola Dealer and it did NOT come with Android 6.0.1, it had the original 4.4 Kit Kat on it and the OTA Updates stopped at 6.0 when I updated it. The other Moto G3 came as a "Refurbished" unit had 6.0 already on it and it will NOT upgrade beyond 6.0.  Every other respondent to this thread also reports that they cannot upgrade beyond Android 6.0 either

So I don't know how yours somehow got a 6.0.1 upgrade that is not available to any other Moto G3 owner.  On the Motorola / Lenovo website, there is NO Android 6.0.1 upgrade even listed, it shows 6.0 was the end of the line for updates.

Steffen196718
Paper Tape
Views: 179
Message 33 of 33

So I consider myself lucky. I bought the phone in August 2017 from EBAY UK and did never any updates. Though I have to admit I did never check what Android version it was running on when I bought it.

The internal info says that Android version is 6.0.1 as per screenshot.

Sorry mate....