Message 11 of 47

Re: Water Resistance - film under speaker grille

Okay I purchased from Flipkart
Sasi7
What's DOS?
Views: 3,183
Message 12 of 47

Whether it is a earpiece filter damage ?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 13 of 47

Sasi4395 said:

Whether it is a earpiece filter damage ?View original

Looks to me that the speaker cover is messed up. It should get replaced though. It shouldn't be that way. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Sasi7
What's DOS?
Message 14 of 47

Thanks for the information Ill gonna replace the phone. With is earpiece cover damage whether water may pass through the same!
Sasi7
What's DOS?
Message 15 of 47

What will happen if the speaker filter or cover damaged?
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 16 of 47

I don't think it would put the phone in danger of water damage. Everything is sealed. The cover isn't going to be a part of the water resistance. Hope this helps.

I am not a Motorola/Lenovo Employee. I am just a volunteer who happens to be a Moderator. All comments are my own and are not necessarily Motorola/Lenovo's position.

Administrator
Administrator
Message 17 of 47

It should not materially impact water resistance, but submit it for repair anyway.

One word of caution -- that mesh is somewhat delicate. Never attempt to clean it by inserting anything into the port. Gently blow into the area to remove lint, etc., to avoid damaging the mesh.

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
customer065
What's DOS?
Message 18 of 47

Just noticed my upper speaker seal has a small crack. I'm not doing water resistance tests and can't have this aggravation. First and last motorola.

I contacted motorola around 9/11 and still cant get a replacwment phone. What the fudge is wrong with this company???!!! How many emails, phone calls does it take??? Is it in bangladesh or can i get someone in the states? Ridiculous service. Fk motorola, never again!!!
DanysL
What's DOS?
Message 19 of 47

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

It should not materially impact water resistance, but submit it for repair anyway.

One word of caution -- that mesh is somewhat delicate. Never attempt to clean it by inserting anything into the port. Gently blow into the area to remove lint, etc., to avoid damaging the mesh.

View original

Hello, I have a damaged grill also. Has anybody been able to confirm what Matt stated?

I watched this video, which may help to analyze if there is a risk or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTeI4pdkak

In the comments, some guys agree it should not affect the water resistance, but I would like to know if someone has attempted a test with a damaged grill/mesh/film.

customer065
What's DOS?
Message 20 of 47

DanysL said:

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

View original

Hello, I have a damaged grill also. Has anybody been able to confirm what Matt stated?

I watched this video, which may help to analyze if there is a risk or not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvTeI4pdkak

In the comments, some guys agree it should not affect the water resistance, but I would like to know if someone has attempted a test with a damaged grill/mesh/film.

View original

I have a crack in the upper speaker plastic film. It took me over a month and endless phone calls and emails to motorola to get a replacement. Now this replacement is stuck in TN pending clearance. Its a nightmare. Not doing water resistance test as i can't wait to get rid of the defective phone and never deal with motorola again. Per my conversations with service dept its no longer waterproof but i could not get a definite answer. Nobody can tell me specifically go ahead and test and we'll take the damaged phone back anyway.