Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rkumar247
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,433
Message 1 of 7

Wi-Fi battery drain in Moto G3 India

Hi, 

Wi-Fi without turning it on is taking too substantial amount of battery in moto g3 asia. Earlier I had 6.0 in Moto G3,then it was upgraded to 6.0.1 but in both versions, this bug was present. Under location, I hav already turned off wifi scanning, underbwifi also i have selected already to never keep phone awake. I have reset cache also from recovery, have also factory reset. After doing factory reset it works well for few days, then again d same bug comes. So, I have left no other solution just to reset phone after evry few days. Moto Guys, Plz listen.. U need to seriously look into it. 

Thanks

Sidharth Jain

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,381
Message 2 of 7

Re: Wi-Fi battery drain in Moto G3 India

@rkumar247 wrote:

Hi, 

Wi-Fi without turning it on is taking too substantial amount of battery in moto g3 asia. Earlier I had 6.0 in Moto G3,then it was upgraded to 6.0.1 but in both versions, this bug was present. Under location, I hav already turned off wifi scanning, underbwifi also i have selected already to never keep phone awake. I have reset cache also from recovery, have also factory reset. After doing factory reset it works well for few days, then again d same bug comes. So, I have left no other solution just to reset phone after evry few days. Moto Guys, Plz listen.. U need to seriously look into it. 

Thanks

Sidharth Jain

Hi rkumar247,

Would you please update your profile with the serial/IMEI/MEID number of your phone? is it okay if we look at your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Update your profile here

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

rkumar247
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,360
Message 3 of 7

Hi Jess,
I have updated my profile. Yes sure you can look at my apps.
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,394
Message 4 of 7

@rkumar247 wrote:
Hi Jess,
I have updated my profile. Yes sure you can look at my apps.

Hi rkumar247,

Thanks for updating your profile. Based on the serial number of your phone, you have 1.)some apps crashing. The more apps crash, the more it consumes battery. 2.) Phone haven't been power cycled at least once within the last 24-48 hours. This will help your device refresh the memory and prevent from lags. 3.) Internal storage is running low. It is recommended to have internal storage at least 15% storage free. The phone is like struggling to get your apps working. The more it strives, the more it needs more power to work properly. 4.)SD card storage is running low. Same thing with internal storage. I suggest removing apps which are no longer in use to save more storage, same thing with sd card. You may restart the phone atleast once if necessary. I would suggest doing factory reset with the automatic restore disabled and see if that would help.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support

rkumar247
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,332
Message 5 of 7

Hi Jess,
Thank you so much for your help and support. I did a factory reset of my cell and now it is working fine. I'll observe it now and will let you know if some issue still persists.

Thanks
Sid

rkumar247
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,305
Message 6 of 7

Hi Jess,

Just after two days of Factory reset, the bug has come again. Now Wifi has started taking again massive amount of battery power. I have installed few apps only. I have attached screenshot also. Please look into it.

Thanks,
Sid

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 2,276
Message 7 of 7

@rkumar247 wrote:

Hi Jess,

Just after two days of Factory reset, the bug has come again. Now Wifi has started taking again massive amount of battery power. I have installed few apps only. I have attached screenshot also. Please look into it.

Thanks,
Sid

Hi rkumar247,

I see. Try to go to Location> Tap 3 dot option> tap Scanning> turn off wifi and Bluetooth scanning and see if that works.

Regards,
Jess
Motorola Support