Message 1 of 28

moto g3 flashlight not working

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,662
Message 2 of 28

Re: moto g3 flashlight not working

Hi avijitexe

When did it stop working? What happened before the issue occurred? Have you tried any steps? Have you tried enabling flashlight feature on the Moto Actions? Kindly go to Moto > Actions > Chops twice for flashlight > toggle it ON. Please let us know so we can provide you proper resolution. Thanks!

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

Rorossi
What's DOS?
Views: 16,623
Message 3 of 28

I've got the same problem. I have to press near the LED module for the flash to work. It happened suddenly, the flashlight was working perfectly one moment (with the chop movement and the toggle in the quick settings), the next moment, it didn't work either way. The only way I was able to make it work was by pressing near the LED's that too only being to light up the bottom LED (the white one) not the top LED. Whats the point of having a dual-tone flash when the second LED doesn't fire up. 

avijitexe
Paper Tape
Views: 16,613
Message 4 of 28

i will try all this step by step but still flashlight is not working

BobKl
What's DOS?
Views: 16,361
Message 5 of 28

I have the same problem. I think it started after the last system update. When I chop I get the tactile feedback and the flashlight icon is in the notification bar but no light. I need to press near the light to get it to light. I hope this was not done intentionally, many times I need to use the light while not holding the phone.

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,274
Message 6 of 28

@BobKl wrote:

I have the same problem. I think it started after the last system update. When I chop I get the tactile feedback and the flashlight icon is in the notification bar but no light. I need to press near the light to get it to light. I hope this was not done intentionally, many times I need to use the light while not holding the phone.

Thanks

Hi BobKl

Sorry for the delayed response. If this has happened after an update, I suggest performing Clear Cache Partition and see if it may help. What is the current software version? If it is Nougat, please do follow the steps for the Marshmallow software. Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

ShriganeshBorse
What's DOS?
Views: 14,758
Message 7 of 28

Exactly same here

ufewl
What's DOS?
Views: 14,445
Message 8 of 28

Hi!!

My torch did not work either, I read you post months ago and tried pressing the module but it never worked

howver I tried again today and pressed harder at the side and it worked! I was bearly blinded.

It seems to light up both for me, but it is hard to see as I am blinded temporarilly but I do not

want to have to press for it to work.

Further to that I can get one light or both lights tro work dependinn how I [ress I am still bilinded os forgive my typing!!

I expect you can to if you press the right places I expect it is a poor connection but not sure if it can be fixed?

So press harder!! (but donbt break the screeen)

ufewl
What's DOS?
Views: 14,445
Message 9 of 28

seriousoly this obviously some sort of lose connectino

Githin
Paper Tape
Views: 14,393
Message 10 of 28

Im havinbthis issue now.