Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arizhel
What's DOS?
Views: 961
Message 21 of 28

Re: moto g3 flashlight not working

Not sure what the previous poster meant by the two sided tape but I had this same issue and I fixed it by taking off the back panel and cleaning the phone out thoroughly with an air duster. Doesn't seem like a "repair" they should have a problem with, tbh.

Githin
Paper Tape
Views: 949
Message 22 of 28

Flashlight's not working because your battery is bulging . You will soon realize it when the screen is pushed out. Go to a service center and replace the battery and flash will work.

Mk1729
What's DOS?
Views: 818
Message 23 of 28

I hav been using moto g3 for 2 years and same problem showed up 1 month ago. only way flash works if i press hard below it. even when taking photos and using flashlight. i thought this may b loose contact but seeng no of people having same problem makes me think may be this was a faulty production batch. is there any fix? has anyone found it? or do i need to take phone to service center?

MAPepin
Paper Tape
Views: 764
Message 24 of 28

I have the same problem.

I have a Moto G 3rd Gen and my flashlight stopped functioning properly. I can go to Moto > Actions > Chops twice for flashlight > toggle it ON and the chopping action works to pull up the flashlight ON icon but no light. I have to press near the LED module for the flashlight to work.

I went online to search this problem and a Motorolla tech (Moto_Ella Senior MotoAgent) suggested performing Clear Cache Partition (https://mobilesupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solution/MS105527) which I did but still the only way I was able to make it work was by pressing near the LED's that too only being to light up the bottom LED (the white one) not the top LED.

goyalamit30
What's DOS?
Views: 132
Message 25 of 28

Hello Guys,

I've got the same problem. My mobile phone flash and torch isn't working and sometimes it works. If I push the back of the phone or screen of the phone then it works.

Second thing, I've already applied the below-mentioned way of troubleshooting but no effect

1. Moto > Actions > Chops twice for flashlight > toggle it ON

2. Clear Cache Partition

If anyone knows the other way to resolve the issue please suggest.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 74
Message 26 of 28

@goyalamit30 wrote:

Hello Guys,

I've got the same problem. My mobile phone flash and torch isn't working and sometimes it works. If I push the back of the phone or screen of the phone then it works.

Second thing, I've already applied the below-mentioned way of troubleshooting but no effect

1. Moto > Actions > Chops twice for flashlight > toggle it ON

2. Clear Cache Partition

If anyone knows the other way to resolve the issue please suggest.

Sorry for the late reply--may I know if you are still having issues with Flashlight/Chop Chop on your device?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

goyalamit30
What's DOS?
Views: 59
Message 27 of 28

Yes, I'm facing this problem from a long time.
Cam8
What's DOS?
Views: 21
Message 28 of 28

My problem was the battery was swelling and this, not only move the contacts for the light but also put small white dots ( caused by the pressure) on the screen). On my unit you could actually see the screen was convex.  Battery replacement solved my problem. Hope this helps