Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 12 (85 Views)

4.4.4 for LTE

Mine came with 4.4.3 and it still says it's up to date but I've been hearing moto g has long since gotten 4.4.4.

MotoAgent
Message 2 of 12 (85 Views)

Re: 4.4.4 for LTE

Hey djbeefdip,

It's rolled out on certain carriers in the US but there is still some that are yet to receive it. I will ask someone from US to tell you if it's rolled out yet for your device.

In the meantime, can you post your IMEI in the profile?

Thanks,

Nicole

Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 12 (85 Views)

As far as I'm aware, only Nexus and GPE devices have gotten 4.4.4 thus far. We are working on rolling it out to everyone as quickly as we can, but it does take time.

MotoAgent
Message 4 of 12 (85 Views)

Ah ok - good that I asked.

There you go  djbeefdip Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Nicole

What's DOS?
Message 5 of 12 (85 Views)

I just got the 4.4.4 upgrade for LTE this morning and I'm the UK.

No issues to report so far with upgrade.

Ian

What's DOS?
Message 6 of 12 (85 Views)

I own a Moto-G 4G LTE XT1045 USA Version that comes with KK 4.4.3, but unfortunately the latest update 4.4.4 never comes!!

I am starting to believe that the India and Europe users are first on the update line and the USA are last...

As I mentioned in my other posts, I don't have found any USA XT1045 users that have received the 4.4.4 update!!

Motorola what's happening with the Moto-G 4G LTE XT1045/USA???

Why the 4.4.4 update for USA users is taking such a long time??
MotoAgent
Message 7 of 12 (85 Views)

Ulises,

We gotta start somewhere as we cannot roll it out at the same time to everyone. 

The Asia retail build on the Moto G had some annoying issues so it only makes sense if the engineers pushed for rolling it out there first. 

Do you have any issues which you hope to resolve with the update or why are you asking?

Cheers,

Nicole

What's DOS?
Message 8 of 12 (85 Views)

Nicole,

Really Moto doesn't have the capability to roll out 4.4.4 to non fully functioning phones (see SD card issue) in a week?  Maybe Moto should ask for help on how to roll things out from linux distributions like Ubuntu/Redhat/Slack/Suse....  Maybe ask some Google engineers for help or ask Lenovo for some server help since they are buying IBM's x86 server line.....

Derek

Dealing with 4.4.3

Bit Torrent
Message 9 of 12 (85 Views)

Ubuntu/Redhat/Slack/Suse don't have to have everything tested and approved by internet service providers before sending them out. Smiley Happy

Don't get me wrong, I have Ubuntu on my computer at home. But a computer =/= a smart phone.

What's DOS?
Message 10 of 12 (85 Views)

Wendy_W said:

Ubuntu/Redhat/Slack/Suse don't have to have everything tested and approved by internet service providers before sending them out. Smiley Happy

Don't get me wrong, I have Ubuntu on my computer at home. But a computer =/= a smart phone.

View original

Wendy,

Android is a flavor of linux and iOS is a flavor of BSD...  A android phone is just a pretty linux box with a few radios in it,,,,,  You can actually put ubuntu on your phone if you wish.....

Derek

Top Kudoed Authors