Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMOTO G / MOTO G 4G LTE 1st Gen
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

03-02-2014

India

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 51 of 180

Re: Camera locking up - "Camera Error"

2014-03-04, 14:13 PM

Skype is definitely the culprit, I uninstalled it and the camera works just fine now. Now... what is it that needs to be fixed? I don't know, but at least I have a working camera now. 

Thanks for the help! 

Options

6 Posts

03-04-2014

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 52 of 180

2014-03-04, 14:31 PM

Yes, I too having the same problem after 3rd day of receiving the phone. It just says "Camera error" and camera closes. A reboot is needed for the camera to work again. Motorola needs to apatch for the same earliest.

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 53 of 180

2014-03-04, 14:36 PM

ThePancaker said:

Skype is definitely the culprit, I uninstalled it and the camera works just fine now. Now... what is it that needs to be fixed? I don't know, but at least I have a working camera now. 

Thanks for the help! 

View original

I think it's fair to say that whenever a third party app conflicts with the OS, the developer of the third party app needs to make the change. Apps have to conform to the OS; to change the OS for the hundreds of thousands of apps that are out there would be chaos.  Maybe a Skype user wants to contact them and let them know what's happening?

Options

12 Posts

01-03-2014

Mexico

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 54 of 180

2014-03-04, 14:59 PM

Skype was working OK before KitKat, so I'd hope that an OS upgrade was designed not to undermine a working situation, especially with a mainstream app like Skype. But Skype also is changing.

So is this just a transient techy glitch or a symtom of a competitive Google/MS relationship? [Note: If other makes of phone running Skype on KitKat are not affected then it does become a Moto issue]

Options

12372 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

2935 Signins

20947 Page Views

• Views: 20947
  • Message 55 of 180

2014-03-04, 15:45 PM

I honestly don't think you're seeing any kind of turf war here.  But if a change to the OS breaks the way an app works, it's the app that needs to be updated to be compatible with the OS.  

Before I download an app, I spend some time reading the reviews.  It's not uncommon to see that an app works great on one phone and fails on another...and then the app developer makes a change that makes it work on all phones.  

A lot of apps still haven't been updated to be optimized for KitKat, and the apps that were updated for 4.4 need to make sure they're optimized for 4.4.2.  It's an ongoing process, and except for the simplest apps that continue to work over time, it's the developers who consistently update their work in a timely fashion that should earn our business.  

Options

17 Posts

03-04-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 56 of 180

2014-03-04, 17:57 PM
have some different issues. Like once or twice when I try to launch camera app it fails to initiate and shows one camera error. It happened twice in a period of 4 days, but it gets right after a restart. And once I connected it vi USB to my laptop and its battery dropped to 1℅ abruptly from 65 ℅. Its KitKat for 11 days. Hope its not serious
Options

1 Posts

03-04-2014

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 57 of 180

2014-03-04, 19:28 PM

Matt (Forums Manager) said:

After more examination, we are no longer convinced that this is a 3rd party app conflict in every case. While app conflicts will cause this and should be explored, our team is digging in to see if there is something else going on in some of these cases. If we find that is the case, we'll distribute a fix in a future update.

Appreciate any details folks can contribute.

View original

Dear Matt,

I appreciate your efforts, but please try to resolve this problem as soon as possible. As I bought this phone recently and within 2 days it's showing up "camera error" which is really frustrating.

I've gone through various web resources saying clear cache/clear data/remove any 3rd party app..etc. But I sincerely feel if this is a software related problem. Kindly fix the bug and update it.

But if it's a hardware problem, let us know so that we can return the product for replacement.

P.S. Please find attached image for the error code.

Regards,

Manu

Options

17 Posts

05-13-2014

Spain

15 Signins

172 Page Views

• Views: 172
  • Message 58 of 180

2014-03-04, 19:56 PM

Hi:

experiencing the same issue reported above. getting camera error many times. latest upgrade to 4.4.2 hasn't solved issue.

I have Skype installed, but that's not the issue, as it worked prior the second to last upgrade.

can be corrected by stopping the app in setting/applications/executing

its very frustrating, specially when in a hurry to take a pic, you get the error!!

A fix appreciated

P

Options

1 Posts

03-05-2014

Brazil

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 59 of 180

2014-03-05, 2:18 AM

Well, the same problem is happening here too.

I'm from Brazil and just brought my Moto G (like...3 days ago i guess), the camera seems to work just fine, and then a window just pops-up telling me i could upgrade my phone to Android KitKat, so then i did it.

After that, i didn't install any apps that uses the camera, and even then, when i open the camera app, the same error shows up: "Camera Error".

Well, i saw that you guys commented that the possible cause could be Skype, so i unnistaled it (I installed it after the first "Camera Error" message), and the message just appeared again....

I don't know the true nature of the error, but here is the apps i installed BEFORE i notice the first error:

- Whatsapp

- Facebook

- Steam

Options

6 Posts

03-05-2014

Honduras

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 60 of 180

2014-03-05, 2:42 AM

Just tagging in to say that I have the same issue after updating to the latest version. Also, sometimes the Camera Error shows up once, and when you try to open it again it works. But most of the time I have to reboot the phone.

Hope you guys can solve it soon yes

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms