Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tafia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 1 of 17

Can't download pictures from Moto G 6

Tried to download holiday pictures from Moto G 6 and only a few downloaded. The rest of the page showed various greyed-out icons where the pictures should be.

I tried again and saw the message "There are no new photos to download"

I didn't want to download new photos, I wanted to download all of them.

Any idea what is going wrong. This procedure used to be simple with my Moto G3. 

Thanks

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 130
Message 2 of 17

Re: Can't download pictures from Moto G 6

@Tafia wrote:

Tried to download holiday pictures from Moto G 6 and only a few downloaded. The rest of the page showed various greyed-out icons where the pictures should be.

I tried again and saw the message "There are no new photos to download"

I didn't want to download new photos, I wanted to download all of them.

Any idea what is going wrong. This procedure used to be simple with my Moto G3. 

Thanks

When you say,"Download" where do you want to download then to and or what app are you using ?

Tafia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 123
Message 3 of 17

I want to download them to my PC. With my Moto G3 I could simply plug it in to my PC and let Windows download the pictures. Now it appears I can't do that with my G6

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 120
Message 4 of 17

@Tafia wrote:

I want to download them to my PC. With my Moto G3 I could simply plug it in to my PC and let Windows download the pictures. Now it appears I can't do that with my G6

Install these official Motorola USB drivers,

https://support.motorola.com/us/en/drivers

Then once connected to the phone draw down the notification bar and choose the file transfers,not the photos option Smiley Happy

Tz3xtL4

HTH Smiley Happy

Tafia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 109
Message 5 of 17

Many thanks for your help. That allowed me to download 4 new pictures but I am still unable to download all the pictures as I wanted. My intitial attempt resulted in just a few of the pictures downloading and others showed a box where the photo should be with a greyed out icon inside as I mentioned in my initial post.

How can I download all the pictures from the phone?

Thanks again.

Tafia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 107
Message 6 of 17

Further to my earlier reply, I dont see the options seen in the box above, I see: USB controlled by:

Connected Device,

This device

then, Use USB for:

File transfer,

USB tethering

MIDI

PTP

No data transfer

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 106
Message 7 of 17

@Tafia wrote:

Many thanks for your help. That allowed me to download 4 new pictures but I am still unable to download all the pictures as I wanted. My intitial attempt resulted in just a few of the pictures downloading and others showed a box where the photo should be with a greyed out icon inside as I mentioned in my initial post.

How can I download all the pictures from the phone?

Thanks again.

You do see the options.Choose the file Transfer option from the list you posted.

I'm afraid those boxes miight mean the pictures have gone and just left,"Thumbnails" Smiley Sad

However if you have a Google account and used Google Photos you may have the photos backed up so log in and check here,

https://photos.google.com

Most photos have a file extension of .jpg or .jpeg so look for those files on the phone just in case.

Tafia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 86
Message 8 of 17

Many thanks again for your help. I do have the pictures in Google Drive but can't understand why I can't download all the pictures from the phone; they are all there on the phone. It appears the system only allows one attempt at downloading as I see the message: " There are no new pictures to download" Seems it will only download new pictures and won't allow a second download of all the pictures.

Thank you very much for your help and patience. Much appreciated.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 83
Message 9 of 17

@Tafia wrote:

Many thanks again for your help. I do have the pictures in Google Drive but can't understand why I can't download all the pictures from the phone; they are all there on the phone. It appears the system only allows one attempt at downloading as I see the message: " There are no new pictures to download" Seems it will only download new pictures and won't allow a second download of all the pictures.

Thank you very much for your help and patience. Much appreciated.

Can you explain what exactly you want to do?Do you want to download photos from Google photos to the phone?

Or do you want to transfer photos to another device?

Tafia
Fanfold Paper
Views: 74
Message 10 of 17

Hi, I want to transfer photos from the phone to my laptop. As mentioned, the transfer of the photos from the phone  to my PC was only partially successful.

Thanks for your patience.

And We're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Top Kudoed Authors