Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 2,256
Message 1 of 28

Class Action Lawsuit

Anyone interested in entering a class action lawsuit regarding the G4?  I'm so fed up with this garbage that I payed my hard earned money for that I think Lenovo needs to respond to their customers for it.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,242
Message 2 of 28

Re: Class Action Lawsuit

you haven't posted anything about what your problems are. You went straight from 0 to legal action. 

*the search bar is your friend*
-This is a peer to peer support forum, MOTOXPRTs are volunteers, not Motorola employees
ron44124
Paper Tape
Views: 2,187
Message 3 of 28

Filing a lawsuit is the only way users of Motorolas crappy products can fight back! I am currently filing a class action in reference to the Droid Turbo 2 specifically for battery issues withe this model phone, Thousands of customers are complaining about this, however Motorola has done nothing.  When I mentioned this to a representative at Morotola customer service, they laughed. Well now, let us see who laughs last! Instead of replacing 2 phones, Motorola would rather end up spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not millions, reimbursing customers with defective phones. Also the bad reviews I will post on blogs, social media and a radio show I host. I will have a on air discussion with callers, talking about Motorolas poor products and Verizon's refusal to accept any responsibility for the crap they sell to their customers. Personally I wanted this issue to end peacefully, however Motorola wants a war. Now they have one!! 

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 2,162
Message 4 of 28

ron44124, we stand by our phones and will fix issues under warranty. I see your case here and I know that our escalation team has been working with you. Your phone is out of warranty; however, I will see that the case is reviewed. I'll work with the agent you have been working with.

new-name-needed, our rules specifically forbid anti-moto user names. If you want to fill out your profile so that I can look for your case I am glad to investigate on your behalf.

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 2,156
Message 5 of 28

I don't have a case.  My wife did contact Motorola, but got fed up after

new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 2,152
Message 6 of 28

So...while typing that on my phone, it did the usual power off that it's seemed to adopt quite frequently now.  I suspect it's battery related due to the mysterious graphic that it shows when trying to power on with no success.  Bear in mind that the battery shows it's at 50%, and this is after having a full charge and sitting outside the bulding in the parking garage in Airplane mode.

Ignoring the large number of negative comments on this phone in GSM Arena and other sites, I decided to give motorola another try since I've had really good luck with them in the past with four phones.  I bought this for my wife.  We put it in a hard protective case.  After a month got the frequent ghosting screen.  She got fed up with it and I took it and bought her a Samsung.  I also have a $50 BLU phone that works flawlessly for 1/4 the cost of this Motorola kit.

I took off the case, and after an  update, the phone stopped ghosting...or at least very infrequently.

Now it powers off while taking pictures and randomly during calls, etc.  IMO, the electronics in this phone..more specifically the power supply and battery have a design flaw.  Probably not totally unrelated is the ghosting issue and the screen since the Motorola fix is to use the Motorola charger.  The phone should be constructed to charge and operate with USB standard compliant devices.  Telling a customer to use the Motorla charger is garbage.

The cell phone industry is competitive enough that customers shouldn't have to go on a forum to get help fixing their product.  

new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 2,148
Message 7 of 28

and to answer the question "whats DOS", that would be what I'm experiencing with this fine Lenovo kit.

Motorola Admin
Views: 2,147
Message 8 of 28

@new-name-needed wrote:

So...while typing that on my phone, it did the usual power off that it's seemed to adopt quite frequently now.  I suspect it's battery related due to the mysterious graphic that it shows when trying to power on with no success.  Bear in mind that the battery shows it's at 50%, and this is after having a full charge and sitting outside the bulding in the parking garage in Airplane mode.

Ignoring the large number of negative comments on this phone in GSM Arena and other sites, I decided to give motorola another try since I've had really good luck with them in the past with four phones.  I bought this for my wife.  We put it in a hard protective case.  After a month got the frequent ghosting screen.  She got fed up with it and I took it and bought her a Samsung.  I also have a $50 BLU phone that works flawlessly for 1/4 the cost of this Motorola kit.

I took off the case, and after an  update, the phone stopped ghosting...or at least very infrequently.

Now it powers off while taking pictures and randomly during calls, etc.  IMO, the electronics in this phone..more specifically the power supply and battery have a design flaw.  Probably not totally unrelated is the ghosting issue and the screen since the Motorola fix is to use the Motorola charger.  The phone should be constructed to charge and operate with USB standard compliant devices.  Telling a customer to use the Motorla charger is garbage.

The cell phone industry is competitive enough that customers shouldn't have to go on a forum to get help fixing their product.  

Can you update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- and maybe your wife's name so we can find the case on this? The IMEI will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems.

Need help updating your profile? See here. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

- Matt

Please do not PM me - if you have issues, search the forums for threads on your topic and post there, or start a new thread. Thanks!
new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 2,113
Message 9 of 28

Matt,  Thanks for the help.  I'm not really willing to place my IMEI and other associated info into a publicly accessible database.  Also not sure if you're suggesting remote login.  What I plan on doing (as last resort) is a factory reset on the phone, and if this doesn't fix it then possibly sending the phone back to Motorola.  Will post results as than progresses.  But the phone is getting a lot of bad press, particularly over at GSM Arena which I chose to ignore when I bought the device, and the company should take active steps to resolve the issues vice relying on their customer base to rectify issues.  Nothing personal, just seems like sound business practices to me.  The acquisition by Lenovo does seem to have resulted in some poor product performance.  Not only with Motorola phones, but also IBM laptops. 

Motorola Admin
Views: 2,100
Message 10 of 28

@new-name-needed wrote:

Matt,  Thanks for the help.  I'm not really willing to place my IMEI and other associated info into a publicly accessible database.  Also not sure if you're suggesting remote login.  

No, that's why I gave instructions for placing it in your profile, and you granting me permission to look at app impact. It's not public. I can see it and you can see it.

- Matt

Top Kudoed Authors