Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 1,028
Message 11 of 28

Re: Class Action Lawsuit

Yes I understand that but if the database gets hacked then that IMEI is exposed to the world.  My cellular service provider has it because they need it but otherwise I'm not really willing to post it out there.  Can't go into a whole lot more detail than that.

new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 1,025
Message 12 of 28

People who do financial transactions with their cellphone should be wary about posting too much information on a public forum hanging on the internet.  It exposes them to a lot of risk.  

Hence my disdain for using the forum to fix customer problems.  Helping people out is all well and good.  But Lenovo needs to take direct responsibility and not delegate free service via the customer base.

Motorola Admin Motorola Admin
Motorola Admin
Views: 1,009
Message 13 of 28

@new-name-needed wrote:

People who do financial transactions with their cellphone should be wary about posting too much information on a public forum hanging on the internet.  It exposes them to a lot of risk.  

Hence my disdain for using the forum to fix customer problems.  Helping people out is all well and good.  But Lenovo needs to take direct responsibility and not delegate free service via the customer base.

I'm an employee. I will have a tech agent reach out to you so we can try some troubleshooting and investigation.

However, I want to go on the record saying that I don't feel there is any threat from posting your IMEI in your profile.

- Matt

new-name-needed
Paper Tape
Views: 998
Message 14 of 28

I did a factory reset on the phone, and am running with a limited set of Apps that it has had no problems with in the past.  Most certainly apps that run fine on my old LG or BLU phone, albeit on a older generation of Android and possibly older generation of App. 

It's still powering off when displayed battery power is below approximately 45%.  The phone will reboot sometimes.  It also shuts off occasionally when taking photos.  In some instances, taking photos puts it into the battery power shutoff event.  Holding down the top button shows a yellow triangle with an exclamation point...battery or just a user baffling emoji?  This issue seems to have precipitated when it updated to Android 7.0.

The screen seems like it doesn't like to be touched occasionally and responds to this offensive behavior with rapidly changing screens of various configurations and enabling of various functions.  It also does this when it's unhappy with the charger that the user has just plugged in.

It's dumped some of my contact data and sometimes refuses to take a restoration of said contact. 

I filed an incident after this last reset..170724-002380.  But the latest canned response was to try safe mode, clear cache or reset the device which I've already done.

I'm of the opinion that this phone has hardware integration issues and that's why all the bad press on it on the Internet.  Whether it's the power supply, display, board, battery or a combination of them, it's unreliable and is a bad product.  I doubt that there's a suitable firmware/software fix, and at this point would just prefer to toss it in the trash can.

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 881
Message 15 of 28

I'm in.

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 879
Message 16 of 28

Well, OK. How about I tell you what I am sure is a similar situation with my Motorola G4 Plus mobile phone. I'm on my second Moto G4 Plus and nobody at Motorola support can provide a genuine fix for the constant random shutdowns and crazy misleading battery information that appears once it begins to malfunction, which is every single day. For instance, one minute my phone shows the battery is at 85%, then it will randomly shut itself off.  Keep in mind that I don't even have to touch anything for this to occur but it is especially problematic if I try to use Google Maps. (Yes, all of this can and does happen even if I restart it in SafeMode.) Once this random shutting down begins the phone may OR may not power back up. If it comes back up, it does so just long enough for me to see the battery now red lining with around 3% before shutting off again. When this happens (which, like I've said, is everyday, at any time, even right off an all nighter on the rapid wall charger) my Moto G4 Plus will NOT power back up and stay on UNLESS it is re- connected to an electrical outlet via the Motorola wall charger.

I have tried everything Motorola/Lenova support has suggested --  except give them another $125 for a third Moto G4 Plus!

The fact that they have not even acknowledged it is a hardware issue us outrageous.

Magus9
Blue Screen Again
Views: 881
Message 17 of 28

I have a similar situation with my Motorola G4 Plus mobile phone. I'm on my second Moto G4 Plus and nobody at Motorola support can provide a genuine fix for the constant random shutdowns and crazy misleading battery information that appears once it begins to malfunction, which is every single day. For instance, one minute my phone shows the battery is at 85%, then it will randomly shut itself off. Keep in mind that I don't even have to touch anything for this to occur but it is especially problematic if I try to use Google Maps. (Yes, all of this can and does happen even if I restart it in SafeMode.) Once this random shutting down begins the phone may OR may not power back up. If it comes back up, it does so just long enough for me to see the battery now red lining with around 3% before shutting off again. When this happens (which, like I've said, is everyday, at any time, even right off an all nighter on the rapid wall charger) my Moto G4 Plus will NOT power back up and stay on UNLESS it is re- connected to an electrical outlet via the Motorola wall charger.

I have tried everything Motorola/Lenova support has suggested -- except give them another $125 for a third Moto G4 Plus!

The fact that they have not even acknowledged it is a hardware issue us outrageous.
Cummings1
What's DOS?
Views: 817
Message 18 of 28

Same thing with Motorola Z droid, pins fall out of docking area for mods making phone useless for any of the mods. Mods were the main reasons to buy the phone. Motorola doesn't care.  I have found a number of people with same issue. it's a product defect that they hope people will just ignore...

Highlighted
wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 755
Message 19 of 28

Has anyone here initiated the steps to a class action lawsuit?

It seems obvious to me that this is a flaw with this phone, that Levono is failing to address.  I have started my own thread, describing these same issues tons of people are dealing with (random crashes), and now that thread is getting abandoned by support.  In addition, they seem to be passing the buck, and blaming users, but at no time have I found any threads where the suggested fixes from Levono have actually resolved anything.  In fact, I just put my phone in Safe Mode yesterday, and the phone still crashed.  In Safe Mode, it disables all third party apps.  So that type of result continues to point the fingers at Levono, and not some other source, as the problem.

I was doing some googling yesterday, and the first step is to contact a lawyer that is experinced in these matters.  Someone who specifically has handled class action suits previously.  There is no cost, as they take a percentage of the resulting verdict and monetary reward.  All they need is someone to be the lead plantiff.  I have no problem being that person.  In my other thread, someone else seemed interested.  Im close to being ready myself.  Especially if my thread continues to be abandoned by support.

Edit: I have tried to make this post at least ten times now (luckily I did select all, copy) ... and either I get an error on post, or it posts, says i successfully posted to this forum, and then disappears once i refresh this web page.  There were 18 posts in this thread, and after I successfully post (which doesnt always happen), I see the first post go from 1 of 18, to 1 of 19.  Then the post gets eaten, and it goes back to 1 of 18.  What is going on with this forum software??? This was happening in my other thread too.

wjcam99
SCSI Port
Views: 754
Message 20 of 28

If i reply to my post, maybe it will stick finally

Top Kudoed Authors