Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoolDog
What's DOS?
Views: 3,920
Message 1 of 7

MMS not working on Consumer Cellular

Unable to send or receive MMS messages with Messaging or Hangouts. Consumer Cellular pushed the same APN settings to the phone plus a few power cycles. Still not working. Consumer Cellular rep said to contact Motorola. Connect to data services when roaming is turned on.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: MMS not working on Consumer Cellular

What are the APN settings? You may have to manually edit them. Have you visibly confirmed what is on your phone with what it should be? 

What changed? Did mms work before?  Does cellular data work? Can you use chrome with wifi off? I assume you have a data plan? 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
CoolDog
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

Name Consumer Cellular / APN ccdata / Proxy Not set / Port Not set / Username Not set / Password Not set / Server Not set / MMSC Not set / MMS proxy Not set / MMS port Not set / MCC 310 / MNC 410 / Authentication type Not set / APN type default,supl,hipri / APN protocol IPv4 / APN roaming protocol IPv4 / APN enable/disable APN enabled (greyed out) / Bearer Unspecified / MVNO type GID (greyed out) / MVNO value 2AC9 (greyed out)

MMS has worked for several months. The only change has been a change to Lollipop. Last three ? are yes.

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

Their website has different stuff, you may have to create a new APN, and make it the active one. https://www.consumercellular.com/Support/Knowledgebase

Type APN settings in the search box and then see the results for non cc phones. for both ATT and TMo   Looking at both, it appears you are missing settings.  

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
CoolDog
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Added MMSC, MMS Proxy, MMS Port and modified APN Type and it works. Thank you. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 6 of 7

Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know. 

Highlighted
Msrandie
Fanfold Paper
Views: 29
Message 7 of 7

SOLVED!!! I called them and they walked me thru the settings to manually plug in info. I having been trying to solve this with Motorola and community for 3 weeks.  

Top Kudoed Authors