Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Broch
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 1 of 3

MOTO G - Android Version update

My version 1 MOTO G 16GB currently runs on Android 5.1, can I update the operating software to a later version e.g. Android 6 or Android 7. Some of my APS are about to be updated and won't run on Version 5.1.

A couple of years ago when they released Android 6 I tried to upload version 6 and it didn't work properly and we were advised to revert to Android 5.1 at that time, Has version 6 been adjusted to work with these old phones?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 215
Message 2 of 3

Re: MOTO G - Android Version update

@Broch wrote:

My version 1 MOTO G 16GB currently runs on Android 5.1, can I update the operating software to a later version e.g. Android 6 or Android 7. Some of my APS are about to be updated and won't run on Version 5.1.

A couple of years ago when they released Android 6 I tried to upload version 6 and it didn't work properly and we were advised to revert to Android 5.1 at that time, Has version 6 been adjusted to work with these old phones?

There is no way to revert to an loder version of an OS, so I am not sure what happened back then, but the original G is now 7 generations old, so there is likely no update for it. I have never heard of Moto pulling an update, and then not releasing it later. 

I only see official updates to 5.1. and other threads indicate that 6.0 was never released for this phone and it was not slated to get it, 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Broch
Paper Tape
Views: 153
Message 3 of 3

Re: MOTO G - Android Version update

Has anyone managed to get their Moto G model XT1032 to run Version 6 of Android operating system? If not it looks like I'll have to replace my phone, I thought about Samsung A8 or S8 / S9 but they usually come loaded with a lot of Samsung loads apps that are difficult to get rid of. Anyone recommending latest Moto G7, anything to watch for?