cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asingleuser
What's DOS?
Views: 215
Message 1 of 2

Moto G Totally Dead - How To Recover Data?

My Moto G is now totally dead. It won't turn on or charge. When plugged in, the white indicator LED remains on (steady, not blinking) for as long as it's plugged in, but there is no other sign of life. No combination of holding power and volume buttons for any number of seconds between 10 and 180 have managed to revive it.

That said, I don't absolutely need to revive it; I just need to take my data (mostly text messages) off it. Reviving it, if possible, would be a means to that end, but I'm also willing to detatch the internal storage and stick that in a reader. Basically, whatever method is easiest.

So what's the best way to get my data back? Can I get it to power on one last time, or should I try detatching the internal storage?

PS— it seems to be the same problem mentioned in this thread, but although that thread was marked solved it does not actually contain a solution.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 174
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G Totally Dead - How To Recover Data?

@asingleuser wrote:

My Moto G is now totally dead. It won't turn on or charge. When plugged in, the white indicator LED remains on (steady, not blinking) for as long as it's plugged in, but there is no other sign of life. No combination of holding power and volume buttons for any number of seconds between 10 and 180 have managed to revive it.

That said, I don't absolutely need to revive it; I just need to take my data (mostly text messages) off it. Reviving it, if possible, would be a means to that end, but I'm also willing to detatch the internal storage and stick that in a reader. Basically, whatever method is easiest.

So what's the best way to get my data back? Can I get it to power on one last time, or should I try detatching the internal storage?

PS— it seems to be the same problem mentioned in this thread, but although that thread was marked solved it does not actually contain a solution.

Hi asingleuser,

Thanks for posting, please be advised that the only way to retrieve the 'Data' is to have your device boot up. You may try replacing the device battery to see if that helps?

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support