cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandeep-2
What's DOS?
Views: 3,063
Message 1 of 7

Moto G finally dead, does not boot at all.

Hi,

my moto G is finally dead now after slowly killed by the battery bug in after 4.4.4 kitkat update.

[ see the threads: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/3d365022eb

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/eb49f214b1]

Tried all booting options discussed in forum and on support page. When connected to any charger (moto G or any other) there is only LED lights every 10 seconds, no screen. But strangely when connected to usb Led and screen (with Motorola logo) both flashes every 10 seconds. In either case, any key combination, power button long press (20sec+ or 2min+ )does not work whether connected to charger or not. Following suggestion on the thread....does not work: 

This is our recommendation as well. 

1. Plug it into the charger 

2. Hold the VOL DOWN key

3. While still holding the VOL DOWN key, press and hold the POWER key

4. Hold both keys down for over 120 seconds.  This is more than two minutes and will seem like a long time. You might want to time yourself to make sure you hold it longer than two minutes. 

5. After holding the keys down for more than two minutes, release them.

6. The Flash Boot screen will display, and the Normal Reboot option will be highlighted

7. Press the VOL UP key and the device will start a normal reboot.

We're working to eliminate this issue in a future update.

UPDATE:

If you have tried the above and it didn't work, try this:

• Plug in the phone for 15 minutes.

• Proceed to Step 2 above.

This method does not work whether charging or not charging. In fact holding the these button as suggest does nothing even after 3-4 hrs or recharge. It keeps flashing led and screen every 3 sec when connected via USB and led only every 30 sec when connected a wall charger (I tried moto G charger and other charges including one with 1Amp output.) 

On strange thing is, as long as it is connected to usb charging and I PRESS ONLY THE VOLUME DOWN BUTTON only than the fast boot screen shows (which say "battery OK (charging)" but after a few seconds it's only "battery OK". Now if I try selecting normal power up or factory or recovery options by pressing volume up key nothing happens and the fast boot screen goes and phone starts repeating the same patter of led and screen flashing every 3 sec. Strangly the fast boot screen remains on as long long as it is connected to usb charger and any buttons are not pressed. Tried booting from this menu but it keeps on repeating the same way. 

I have to take it to the service centre next week. By than, I hope somebody might have some solution. Unfortunately I cannot ask for complete repair since my screen got some cracks long ago before this problem happened. Or can I?

Thanks

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto G finally dead, does not boot at all.

The problem you have is that there is no way to show that your cracked screen did not contribute to your problem. I am not saying it did, but once there is evidence of physical damage, it is hard to prove that the damage is not to blame. 

But they may fix your issue, you will just have to ask. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
ashu388866
What's DOS?
Message 3 of 7

I had an exact battery issue (and believe me it is very frustrating) and none of the methods worked for me.

I took the phone to service center and Mr. Technician declared that my phone is dead and motherboard has to be replaced.

Now, it couldn't come under warranty because my phone got some water in it and the phone water logging indicator turned red. Although nothing happened to my phone and it was working fine, after 2 months or so I had this dead battery issue and I had to took the phone to service center.

The problem I faced is, even my phone does not had any water logging issue, the technician was trying to avoid his work and claimed that my phone stopped working because motherboard is all burnt because of the rain.

Back to the story.

I finally decided to do nothing and took my back from service center and put it on charging for 2 straight days and guess what, it switched on.

I was so happy and but not for long.

Now as soon as I unlock the phone, I started getting errors that all the launcher has stopped, I pressed OK and again I got the another app getting stopped error. Basically, I could see uncountable error, one after another.

Finally I decided to go to fastboot mode and factory reset. When I selected factory reset option, my phone restarted and went to the same old lock screen, I unlocked the screen and same old errors coming again.

Again, I decided to flash the phone with stock firmware, I did the method available on xda, I could see the processes running on debug window of fastboot mode, process completed, phone restarted and again the same old lock screen and errors.

I am not sure what has happened to my phone now Smiley Sad

Motorola techies, help me here. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Message 4 of 7

If the phone got water in it, connections can get crossed and circuit board elements can get shorted out. Letting things dry out, sometimes will allow a device to power on, but after that it can be unreliable as you have noticed. 

Unfortunately we can't help you here as you have 2 issues that have voided your warranty:

1. Your phone is water damaged. The technician told you the moisture indicator has been triggered, and the circuit board was burnt.

2. You flashed your phone using unapproved software

Everything you describe points to moisture damage. 

Sometimes wet phones can be dried out by placing in a bag of rice. But this has to be done before any circuits are shorted. At this point I believe it is to late, and your phone needs to be replaced. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
swa123
What's DOS?
Message 5 of 7

Hi Sandeep even i got the same problem .Can you please let me know the solution...

Thanks in advance

ansh04
What's DOS?
Views: 661
Message 6 of 7

Hello guys,  I also had the same problem.  I kept my phone for charging when it was 19% and left it for charging but the charger didn't charged my phone and my moto g2 phone is completely dead now neither the led is blinking nor the booting screen is displaying. I tried pressing power button for sometime,  and also volume down + power button for some time.  But the phone is not responding to any of my action.  While trying these options I got blinking led light for couple of times alsomy phone showed boot screen once but I didn't got what to do hence I accidentally pressed power off button. And after that I am not getting any response from phone. 

Please tell me what to do my phone was working perfectly earlier but this deadness is making me feel frustrated now.  Please help me guys 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 523
Message 7 of 7

Hi ansh04,

Apologies for the long delay in response, may I know if you are still facing the issue? It sounds like an aging battery, not sure though. Have you been to the service center so that they can diagnose the device?

Regards,

Swaraj

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors