Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hema_M
What's DOS?
Views: 22,798
Message 1 of 11

Moto G- unable to download apps from playstore

Hi,

Bought a Moto G a few days back from an online store (India). I am unable to download apps from play store since then (whatsapp, facebook etc). It takes 3-4 hours to start the download once I click on install and then the download stalls and aborts when the download has reached 18% or 33% or 56% etc.

Internet on the mobile is working fine- able to download attachments from mails.

Using the same service provider as before where I have not faced such problems. Please help and provide a solution as quickly as possible.

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 22,524
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto G- unable to download apps from playstore

Hey,

can you try and clear cache and data from the Google Play Store? 

Does the same thing happen with a different gmail address as well?

Cheers,

Nicole

Wendy_W
Bit Torrent
Message 3 of 11

There's a thread discussing a similar issue in the Moto E forum. I'll summarize the troubleshooting that's gone on there:

First, please try this:

• Go to Settings > Apps > All and look for the Download Manager application.  Clear Cache, clear Data and Force Stop the application.  After that, try to access the Play Store again. 

If that doesn't work, if you could provide answers to the following questions, this may help us to track this down for you.

1. Is the problem that you can't reach the Google Play Store at all, or that you can reach it but can't download apps?

2. Does it work on wifi?

3. Have you tried more than one WiFi network, and if yes, does it work on any?

4. Does it work on your carrier data network? Who is your carrier?

5. Can you access other Internet sites okay?

6. Does it ever work? Did it work once? Or has it never worked under the conditions described above?

7. Do we have your permission to use the IMEI listed in your profile to investigate on our end and see if we can identify possible causes?

8. Are you receiving any particular errors? If so, can you provide the exact error message(s)?

Suprabhat
What's DOS?
Message 4 of 11

Thanks  Wendy_W...here is the screen shot..

Ganesh19
Paper Tape
Views: 16,961
Message 5 of 11

Hey guys,

Even I'm facing the same issue ever since the Android  N update. I am unable to download or update apps from the play store only via Mobile Data (only when on roaming).  When I'm on home network, I'am able to download them.

When I'm on roaming, after pressing Install or update, the downloading bar keeps spinning without the download actually starting. I've included a screenshot of that.

I'm currently using Jio 4G (LTE).

No, I can reach the Play store and search for apps but just unable to download them.

Yes, the apps download from the play store when I'm in WiFi.

Yes, I have tried with the other network operators too, but none of them downloaded apps from play store while on roaming.

Yes, I can download and browse files in the browser.

And yeah, I have also tried clearing the Cache, Resetting app data and factory resetting the phone.

Prasnnakumar
Paper Tape
Views: 15,881
Message 6 of 11

I bought a new Moto g5 plus mobile today..I Ve tried to download the apps in Google store but it's not working and I'm in roaming network

I've checked with other wifi networks and it works fine in wifi.My Network speed is also fast.. please provide the solution asap!

Prasnnakumar
Paper Tape
Views: 15,875
Message 7 of 11

Ya I have d same problem..I bought g5 plus today ..what should I do now??
savumaki
What's DOS?
Views: 14,125
Message 8 of 11

The only thing that works for me (I tried all the ones that have been posted) is to wait until the download reaches 100% and then hangs up; I then shutdown and reboot. The app is always installed.

Very much a painfull way to install an app on such a supposedly sophisticted unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karl

bibavoda
Paper Tape
Views: 10,118
Message 9 of 11

I have the very same problem with my MOTO g5 plus.  I hate this thing.  It is the buggiest, wonkiest, crappiest "best budget phone" I've ever owned.  Never again will I buy a moto!

gargi_garg
Paper Tape
Views: 5,852
Message 10 of 11

Hey,

I am having the same probelm. Have you got it fixed? 

Kindly reply as soon as possible.